• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Question Can you still install Kagamine V4 English in Vocaloid 4/5?

Mantis128

"Clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight"
Apr 9, 2018
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I haven't looked into the software/technical side of Vocaloid for awhile. As far as I know if you want to use the V4X English voice banks for Rin/Len you first have to purchase the Japanese V4X voice banks and then use a download code to get the English voicebanks. What I was wondering is that since Crypton stopped supporting Vocaloid to focus on Piapro studio would these codes still work for Vocaloid? Also would buying a used copy have any effect on the code?

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
Yep! Their serials still work for V4/V5! I don’t think they’ve actually stopped supporting vocaloid, they’ve just stopped making their banks for it. I’m not too sure about the crypton registration, though. Somebody else will have to answer about that

Cerāgi <º•

Passionate Fan
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
Just be careful that, in order to get their English vbs, you’d have to specifically purchase the “bundle” version, as the standard package doesn’t include them; If you’re only interested in getting the English vbs though, you can also buy them separately from the Japanese ones as a download on Sonicwire or the Vocaloid Shop(JP) 👍🏻.
Should you decide to get them second hand, be extra sure about the fact that the seller hasn’t registered them on Sonicwire/Crypton, as the registration code which would give you access to those banks can only be used once (alternatively, be sure to check about them stating they’d provide you the files if they already did). Hope this can be helpful 👍🏻

Reactions: Mantis128

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)