• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Question Differences between Vocaloid Editor and Vocaloid Editor for Cubase?

OrlyPep

New Fan
Sep 6, 2018
Under the sewers
I don't know the differences between the two and I even wonder if owning a Vocaloid Editor for Cubase is usable even if without Cubase software itself.

razelberii

Bless the Lord, O my Soul
Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
The largest differences are:

Vocaloid Editor: A standalone program. The program cannot be opened in another program from my understanding, it can only be used on its own.
Vocaloid Editor for Cubase: The program can only open in Cubase software. From my understanding, the software should come with Cubase AI (as noted here).

Another difference I noticed: "Real-time input of VOCALOID tracks by connecting an external MIDI device"
Vocaloid4 Editor does not support this, Vocaloid Editor for Cubase does. (According to this chart).

I own Vocaloid Editor for Cubase and have not been able to open it outside of Cubase. All your settings and tweaks made in the Vocaloid Editor however is remembered and saved in the Cubase file.

You can use the FAQ / Troubleshooting guide to see more information on these two.

Now, if this is regarding Vocaloid5, there are some major differences then.
Vocaloid5 Editor comes with Vocaloid Editor for Cubase 4.5.
Vocaloid Editor for Cubase 4.5 functions very much like Vocaloid4 Editor for Cubase. However, it can read Vocaloid5 voicebanks and use these in the program. Cross-Synthesis can still be used in this editor, only if the voicebanks have the ability to do so.

In turn, Vocaloid5 can be used as a VST, so it should be able to open in other DAWs. It also has a ReWire function.

Hope this helps answer some questions. I'll let you know if I come across more differences between the two!

Reactions: MillyAqualine

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Gonna throw in some more differences!

In regards to the differences of the two during the V3 and V4 era, the Vocaloid Editor for Cubase can be used on both Mac and Windows, while the standalone can only be used in Windows.

Vocaloid Efitor for Cubase does indeed come with Cubase AI 9.5, but only physical versions. Not an issue anymore as it’s no linger sold, but digital copies are the editor only, not including a copy of Cubase.

An alternative to Vocaloid Editor for Cubase would be Piapro Studio, bundled with Crypton Vocaloids, that is a VST capable of use in any DAW but does come with Studio One Artist.

That’s all the other differences I couldvthink of that was not already covered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)