• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

E.V.E.C. Accent

CallmeNerdy

A Miku Nerd
Apr 17, 2018
Hogwarts
I've recently been trying to use E.V.E.C. more frequently when tuning Miku, and I'm curious about the accent choices in the E.V.E.C. (Accent/Mild and Accent/Strong).
What exactly do they do?

WintermintP

Lead Guitar, One Minute Winter
You're talking about the poundsign-number, right? (a#1, a#2, a#3, etc)

Each number corresponds to what type of E.V.E.C. to be applied on the note. This actually works only in the phoneme mode and it also works only on vowels.

To enter phoneme mode, ctrl+R.

I think they have the list on Vocaloid Wikia. Not sure on that.

EDIT: Actually, they have the list right here! : E.V.E.C..

These are only applicable to Luka V4X unless specified.

#1: Whisper
#2: Soft (also applies to Rin/Len and Miku)
#3: Husky
#4: Native
#5: Power1
#6: Power2 (Power for Rin/Len and Miku)
#+: Cute
#-: Dark
#F: Falsetto

WintermintP

Last edited:

CallmeNerdy

A Miku Nerd
Apr 17, 2018
Hogwarts
Not really, the accent seems to affect the consonant. If you use Accent/Strong with [d a] it becomes [d d#6 a] instead. (I've tested it out a bit, and it definitely affects the note somehow.)

Reactions: Elsa12TMNT

WintermintP

Lead Guitar, One Minute Winter
Well, in any case, I at least gave you the list of the phoneme commands. Last I checked, it used to only work on vowels, though. Strange.

EDIT: Yes, it even says so on the Wikia that it only works on vowels. Since that Wikia's not always accurate either, though, you could be right.

WintermintP

Reactions: CallmeNerdy

Move->Forward

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹
Mar 25, 2018
You are correct that the accent affects the consonant. You can use this to emphasize the pronunciation.

Compare it with the Voice Colors Power and Soft. By applying them, it will strengthen or soften the vowel of the note.
With the Consonant Pronunciation Extension, you are strengthening or softening the consonant or beginning of the note.
If you want the start of the note to have more emphasis, apply the Strong Accent. If you want it softened, apply to Mild Accent.

At least, this is to my best judgement to how it works. I don't own Miku V4X, but I've used her beta and have used Luka V4X's E.V.E.C, as well as Rin/Len's (but to a less extent since I recently got them).

@WintermintP - What you are talking about is the Voice Colors. E.V.E.C consists of more than just that.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Singer and Miku user here! I'll try to explain it as simple as possible: accent is the emphasis of the consinant part of a word to make it more powerful and emotional. In shedt music, some words can be marked with accent marks as guideline to help a singer. Really, accent is the power or softness of the consonant to help an entrance of a word, usually going along with dunamics. If you start lohd and agressive, you'll want lots of accent to be rong, if you want to be soft and sweet, have a soft accent as to not overpower the vowel's tome.

This holds true in EVEC too. Think of it as an easier way to put emphasis than changing the velocity of the note. Keep in mind, however, accent usually occurs only at the start of a phrase or at the end of one. It doesn't really matter given it's able to be used regardless of placement in terms of Vocaloid.

Thevothers explained the Vocaloid side of accent in EVEC so I thought I'd focus on the actual singing side more. I think it's more helpful to know the actual singing technicality and use before the Vocaloid use, but that's just me

Reactions: Twillby

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)