• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Features Still to Come

ohpeach

Digital artist
Apr 8, 2018
earth
deviantart.com
I mentioned this in the previous thread, however I figured I'd mention it here again just as a suggestion.

For future banners, having them include vocaloids is the big one I'm obviously very interested in (and more so interested in contributing to myself)

Themes for each month, which I feel would be a lot of extra work but an interesting one nonetheless:

Having each month be headlined by the vocaloids released in it, coupled with a theme that matches the month, itself.
- A valentine's-y theme for February, with the Feb vocaloids/vocal synths released then (kokone, Nemu, UNI, KAITO, Xin Hua)
- An "april showers" theme for April -standing in the rain or chatting w umbrellas as it pitter patters lol- (Lapis, VY2, Xingchen, Akari)
- A "summer festival/fireworks" theme for July (Tianyi, YANHE, Gakupo, Sonika, Tonio, Ling, Sachiko, Una, Azuki and Matcha)
- A beach-y theme for August (Miku, Lumi, Lily, galaco)
- A christmas/holiday theme for December (miki, Yuki, Kiyoteru, Piko, Rion, Oliver, Yukari, CUL, Bruno, Clara, IA, Mayu, Avanna, Maika, Merli, Rin/Len)

Having "limited" banners would be cool, too, with Vocaloids appropriate for each theme.

- A "lunar new year" banner feat. Chinese/Korean loids (both countries celebrate it, surprisingly Japan doesn't) with whatever Zodiac animal coincides (Xingchen had a little pin with her wearing dog ears to celebrate year of the dog, for example)

- A "cinco de mayo" and/or "dia de los muertos" banner feat. Spanish loids

- Possibly a July 4th one since it's such a big holiday in the US? feat. Engloids (tho this one is fairly limited so it would depend)

- Olympic / Winter Olympic banner feat. vocaloids from every language to "represent" the countries

^^^^ These banners would not be up for the entire month, but for a week, possibly two, surrounding the official date of the holiday.

For months where there are several more vocaloids, having the option to have a required minimum (maybe three or four instead of all), could be available. July and December would just be stacked lol
I know that this would require a lot more pre-planning and fleshing out (which I'd be happy to give, tho idk if its possible to add mods at this point nor if that's even a possiblity at all), but the payoff would certainly be nice to see.

Otherwise, just having the contests revolve around a central theme, it being "universe + vocaloid", or just "vocaloid" in general.

Again, just some ideas, thinking out loud etc. etc. I know it's a lot and I know that it wouldn't make everyone happy, these are just my personal tastes and what I think would be most beneficial to the forum, cosmetically. I'm no expert and I certainly do not mind people disagreeing with me, but I thought I'd offer my opinions just in case ;3

Last edited:

Soursop

Juice lover
Apr 8, 2018
Asia
I am willing to help with theme making! I quite understand CSS and i've helped some people with their site project
I also can draw if needed ( 'v' ) , i left my art thread link in original_art channel in VocaVerse discord

Last edited:
Reactions: Unagi

Unagi

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
California, U.S.A
This makes me think of Snow Miku, and Magical Mirai Miku, and such! It would be cool to see a seasonal event where the winner has their art on the site for a few weeks. It could be like a voting system! It would let the art community of the site shine~ We have a lot of amazing artists on here!

Paradoxical

Linguistics Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 7, 2018
Canada
This is going to be a big post, so I've done my best to divide up the quotes so I can give all of you relevant answers to what you said.

Themes for each month, which I feel would be a lot of extra work but an interesting one nonetheless:

Having each month be headlined by the vocaloids released in it, coupled with a theme that matches the month, itself.
- A valentine's-y theme for February, with the Feb vocaloids/vocal synths released then (kokone, Nemu, UNI, KAITO, Xin Hua)
- An "april showers" theme for April -standing in the rain or chatting w umbrellas as it pitter patters lol- (Lapis, VY2, Xingchen, Akari)
- A "summer festival/fireworks" theme for July (Tianyi, YANHE, Gakupo, Sonika, Tonio, Ling, Sachiko, Una, Azuki and Matcha)
- A beach-y theme for August (Miku, Lumi, Lily, galaco)
- A christmas/holiday theme for December (miki, Yuki, Kiyoteru, Piko, Rion, Oliver, Yukari, CUL, Bruno, Clara, IA, Mayu, Avanna, Maika, Merli, Rin/Len)
Firstly, thank you for the contest theme suggestions. While I cannot promise any will be used, we hope to have varying themes for each contest, and community suggestions will definitely be considered!

Having "limited" banners would be cool, too, with Vocaloids appropriate for each theme.
^^^^ These banners would not be up for the entire month, but for a week, possibly two, surrounding the official date of the holiday.
This makes me think of Snow Miku, and Magical Mirai Miku, and such! It would be cool to see a seasonal event where the winner has their art on the site for a few weeks.
Holidays and events will definitely be considered for future themes. However, we currently have no plans of making any temporary themes. Any theme that is made will hopefully be permanent, even if the season for it has passed, because we do not wish to take features away from any users!

It could be like a voting system! It would let the art community of the site shine~ We have a lot of amazing artists on here!
I am willing to help with theme making! I quite understand CSS and i've helped some people with their site project
I also can draw if needed ( 'v' ) , i left my art thread link in original_art channel in VocaVerse discord
I know that this would require a lot more pre-planning and fleshing out (which I'd be happy to give, tho idk if its possible to add mods at this point nor if that's even a possiblity at all lolol), but the payoff would certainly be nice to see.
Community inclusion and promotion has been a goal for this site from the very start. Our current theme is made up of art from community members who volunteered their time and effort to contribute. Likewise, we want opportunities for future themes to be collaboratively made as well. I cannot say for sure how this will be done currently (outside of using community submitted artwork, of course) because we have not finalized our plans for our currently upcoming contest. However, we hope to talk about it soon so that we can start fully interacting with the community and we will be paying attention to feedback we receive during it.

As for the offers of help; they are greatly appreciated. At this point, we already have a large team that covers any needs we might have, including coding, moderation, translation, and many other tasks.
We hope to be able to announce our plans for themes to everyone soon, so please wait patiently! :kaito_move:

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Would it also be possible to get that other set of vocaloid sprites as emojis at some point? I'm blanking on who made them (or whether they're still around), but they look like this. 3kxMuOk.pngnQMPySn.png

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Would it also be possible to get that other set of vocaloid sprites as emojis at some point? I'm blanking on who made them (or whether they're still around), but they look like this. View attachment 281View attachment 282
I think they belong to BambooGarden101? I could be wrong, but I saved two from her from the old site since I love Kaito and Miku and knew I was going to credit her if I used them for the new site for my profile and signature. : 0

I even have Dex!

Unagi

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
California, U.S.A
Firstly, thank you for the contest theme suggestions. While I cannot promise any will be used, we hope to have varying themes for each contest, and community suggestions will definitely be considered!

Holidays and events will definitely be considered for future themes. However, we currently have no plans of making any temporary themes. Any theme that is made will hopefully be permanent, even if the season for it has passed, because we do not wish to take features away from any users!

Community inclusion and promotion has been a goal for this site from the very start. Our current theme is made up of art from community members who volunteered their time and effort to contribute. Likewise, we want opportunities for future themes to be collaboratively made as well. I cannot say for sure how this will be done currently (outside of using community submitted artwork, of course) because we have not finalized our plans for our currently upcoming contest. However, we hope to talk about it soon so that we can start fully interacting with the community and we will be paying attention to feedback we receive during it.

As for the offers of help; they are greatly appreciated. At this point, we already have a large team that covers any needs we might have, including coding, moderation, translation, and many other tasks.
We hope to be able to announce our plans for themes to everyone soon, so please wait patiently! :kaito_move:
I'm glad you guys have been considering that from the start. This is the first time I'm a part of an active community (instead of keeping my likes to myself), and I'd be really happy if all of us users could somehow contribute to the site (other than just using it and promoting it). I just want the community to be as active as possible!

I think they belong to BambooGarden101? I could be wrong, but I saved two from her from the old site since I love Kaito and Miku and knew I was going to credit her if I used them for the new site for my profile and signature. : 0

I even have Dex!
Those look really nice! How many were there on the old site before it got shut down? One for each popular Vocaloid?

Paradoxical

Linguistics Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 7, 2018
Canada
Would it also be possible to get that other set of vocaloid sprites as emojis at some point? I'm blanking on who made them (or whether they're still around), but they look like this. View attachment 281View attachment 282
I discussed this with a few others. Currently, we have multiple forum users offering sprites and we decided it would be best to limit the ones we have to sets made by users on the site. However, if the artist comes to us offering their usage, it will be considered.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unagi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)