• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Growl effect but using V3 banks?

mahalisyarifuddin

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
Palembang, Indonesia
Is there any way to create some growl effect using V3 voicebanks? Some tricks or job plugins maybe? Because it really makes me think how can V3 banks growl despite they're not compatible with V4 GWL parameter.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I'm not sure which type of growl you are looking for (just a tiny growl, a high scream, or a low death growl, etc), but I actually have a document full of Japanese growl tutorials I've translated. There are at least 3 different methods on that document ranging from using things like Charsiesis, VocaScreamer, and other types of distortion.

Since my document is so long, I'll just write the simplest method that uses the Vocaloid editor alone (without using extra VSQ plug-ins). It just uses Pitch Bend and Pitch Bend Sensitivity in a saw-tooth shape.

Hamnare's method (follow link for audio):

3b564dd1af5ec5df7acd23b1469dc72b-768x574.png
They set Pitch Bend Sensitivity to 8 and used Pitch Bend to draw saw-tooth shapes. It kind of sounds like a rattle snake, though.

niu's method (follow link for audio):
6942083_orig.png
They set Pitch Bend Sensitivity to 18 and drew the saw-tooth shapes much more irregularly (which I think sounds better).

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Whatever, I've literally spent hours translating these and scouring the internet for growl techniques (and you of all people should know, I did a lot of the work for you), so I don't appreciate you saying that to me. And I don't see anyone else offering advice. :/ If those are the only options, then pointing them out is all I can do to help. mahalisyarifuddin is free to try it out if they want to or ignore it if it's not helpful. They just said "growl", so how are we supposed to know what that specifically means?

Reactions: Elsa12TMNT

summers50

01010011 00110101 00110000
Apr 9, 2018
MA, USA
I remember fiddling and got similar results to growl...by just making square waves on DYN...

flipping back and forth between 0 and 127. if you make them the right size it sounds like growl. if you make them too short it becomes glitchy...
while using miku v4. can try it in your v3 bank to see what happens.

WintermintP

Lead Guitar, One Minute Winter
Whatever, I've literally spent hours translating these and scouring the internet for growl techniques (and you of all people should know, I did a lot of the work for you), so I don't appreciate you saying that to me. And I don't see anyone else offering advice. :/ If those are the only options, then pointing them out is all I can do to help. mahalisyarifuddin is free to try it out if they want to or ignore it if it's not helpful. They just said "growl", so how are we supposed to know what that specifically means?
Oh no, I didn't mean it like that! I just know that V4 growl works in a completely different way... I'm so sorry >.<

Regards,
WintermintP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)