• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hey hey hey, show us your physical / software stuff !!

• Thread starter Deleted member 74
  • Start date

Siegel

Aspiring Fan
Jun 12, 2018
Well I have not created any songs or worked on any covers that are finished yet but I do have a few :D. Also I don't have a lot of equipment or software other than basics. I will list everything in each section in the order I obtained them.

Computer: A dell gaming laptop that can run Vocaloid and Final Fantasy 14 smoothly as that's all I cared about lol.

DAWs:
  • Studio One 2
  • Studio One 3 Artist
  • Studio One 4 Artist
Synths:
  • VOCALOID:
    • Megurine Luka v4x (Boxed)
    • Hatsune Miku V3 Bundle w/English (Boxed)
    • Katio V3 (Boxed)
    • Meiko V3 (Boxed)
    • Kagemine Rin/Len v4x Bundle w/English (Boxed)
    • IA and IA Rocks Bundle (Boxed)
    • Dex (Digital)
    • Daina (Digital)
    • Anon & Kanon
Other:
  • VocalShifter (but I don't know how to use it q.q)
  • Audacity
  • Piapro Studio

Siegel

Aspiring Fan
Jun 12, 2018
@Siegel Do you make your own instrumentals by any chance? And if so, what do you use?

Regards,
WintermintP
No, I have a hard time when it comes to creating something original. I also don't have perfect pitch so it takes me a while to listen to something and then notate it. So I usually use sheet music to make whatever I'm toying with as I come from a violin/viola background so I am good at reading music. Anything instrumental I have made just uses what came with Studio One and the Crypton Vocaloids. Otherwise, I have a friend who makes instrumentals if I need it or I use Karaoke versions of songs or off vocals that have been put up.

WintermintP

Lead Guitar, One Minute Winter
Ah. That's sad. What you might be able to make use of are lessons on rhythmic subdivisions and basic scale theory. Those get you a long way. I used to hate theory myself, but if you take the time to make use of what you've learned in those theory classes, you can actually use that to your advantage and write songs of your own. I'm living proof.

Regards,
WintermintP

Siegel

Aspiring Fan
Jun 12, 2018
Ah. That's sad. What you might be able to make use of are lessons on rhythmic subdivisions and basic scale theory. Those get you a long way. I used to hate theory myself, but if you take the time to make use of what you've learned in those theory classes, you can actually use that to your advantage and write songs of your own. I'm living proof.

Regards,
WintermintP
I've thought about that before actually. At this point in my life, it would be more feasible to buy books on the subject than take classes. I'm way more interested in creating/tuning the vocal and mixing the song than the actual creation of originals. I'm more of a cover type person. This is why I haven't done much do learn more on song writing but I am definitely interested.

I really need to finish a project. I have like 5 projects going on and haven't post a single one somewhere online. I've had the software since 2015 lol.

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
Would it be okay if I bumped this thread? I've wanted to post since I originally saw it, but never got around to it. I find it really interesting to see other people's setups and the kind of software they use. (That's probably just me though.)

Computer:
  • Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 (Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, and 512 GB SSD version)
Headphones: Ultrasone Pro 2900 (and my trusty yurbuds for on the go listening)
Graphics Software:
  • Photoshop CC
  • Corel Painter 2016 (No I did not shell out the cost of V5 premium for this. I got it severely discounted with the purchase of my computer.)
  • (Possibly Autodesk Sketchbook, but I haven't been able to try it out yet.)
Video Software:
  • Premiere Pro CC
DAWs:
  • Reaper
  • Studio One 3 (the version that came with Rin V4x. I've never really used it)
Commercial Synths:
  • VOCALOID: Merli, Maika, Fukase, and Rin/Len V4x (Old photo of my Vocas. I don't have the room to have them on my shelf sadly.)
Other:
  • Audacity
  • Sekaiju

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)