• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

How do you run UNITY with VOCALOID SDK editor?

haru0l

a fan of the keto bot
I recently found out that the link for the SDK is still up, so I grabbed it. The problem is, I have no idea how to run it. I installed Unity 5 and came to a dead end. Can somebody help? (also i hope this is the right section)

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I literally don't know anyone who has used the UNITY version of Vocaloid, but I have heard it is much more difficult to use and is a stripped back version. I strongly believe those who aren't used to programming probably aren't going to be able to use it (there is no piano roll/interface, YOU have to program one).

This is a video (timestamped) about info on Unity with VOCALOID (ends at the 27 min mark):

He says what it is used for and the bad things about it, includes demonstrations (her voice quality is significantly worse than normal in the Unity version).

Wiki page containing extra info about Unity with VOCALOID:

I couldn't find any blogs or anything like that made by English or Japanese speakers explaining how to use Unity with VOCALOID, and the only videos I could find are shown in the video I linked to.

haru0l

a fan of the keto bot
I literally don't know anyone who has used the UNITY version of Vocaloid, but I have heard it is much more difficult to use and is a stripped back version. I strongly believe those who aren't used to programming probably aren't going to be able to use it (there is no piano roll/interface, YOU have to program one).

This is a video (timestamped) about info on Unity with VOCALOID (ends at the 27 min mark):

He says what it is used for and the bad things about it, includes demonstrations (her voice quality is significantly worse than normal in the Unity version).

Wiki page containing extra info about Unity with VOCALOID:

I couldn't find any blogs or anything like that made by English or Japanese speakers explaining how to use Unity with VOCALOID, and the only videos I could find are shown in the video I linked to.
Thanks for the info! The fact that there's no interface kinda bums me out (and I have no idea about how to code) so I'll probably just leave it be for now.

Reactions: uncreepy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)