• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

How much does a voice synth's design matter to you?

How much does a voice synth's design matter to you?

• Not at all, I only care about the voice

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • A little, but I mostly care about the voice

Votes: 25 56.8%
  • Just as much as the voice

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • A lot, but I do care about the voice a little

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Completely, I don't even care about the voice

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lemony

The Poor
Jun 26, 2020
Hell
I think the design is just as important as the voice tbh. For example, between Cyber Diva and Avanna, I'd choose Cyber Diva because her design is better, which is saying alot since her box art is just a head lol, even though their voices are both pretty generic imo.

This matters less for english vocaloids, but because of oversaturation of a certain type of female vocals, the easiest way to stand out is the design. All of the most popular vocaloids (Miku, Gumi, Rin/Len, IA etc.) have iconic or at least memorable designs that are utilized in music videos, merch, etc. The only exception to this would be vflower, but I think that just speaks to how unique her voice. Vy1 and Vy2, who are both very high quality vbs imo, honestly are at a disadvantage because of their lack of a design imo. I mean, VY2's one hit solo hit uses his fan-mafe design.

TLDR: To me the design matters just as much as the voice. Oversaturated market, cute anime girls sell.

Reactions: andantina

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I can disregard a good design if the voice is bad, and vice versa. I prefer a design and voice that both fit my aesthetics, but I'll be happy with a voice I like and a design that I don't like as much, since the visualisation can be changed. That being said, I'd rather no design than a bad design, since that leaves it as open to interpretation as possible.

Reactions: uncreepy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)