• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Question How to Miku V4 English?

Anon-P

New Fan
Jun 19, 2018
So, I wanna make a cover of the song "Legends Never Die" using Miku V4 English. Any advices, recommendations, or tutorials for her?

sleepysheep7

GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!!!
Apr 8, 2018
Well after listening to the song I can give some advice on the chorus. I would go deeper with pitch bends than what you would think since it seems like the singer is mixing pop and punk together. As for miku herself from the few times I used her, she likes to be kinda slurry/ mumbly on double consonants so I would make sure to focus on those.

Reactions: Jerrybibo

summers50

01010011 00110101 00110000
Apr 9, 2018
MA, USA
Be prepared for a fun time.

Personally I hate her [ I ]''s and replace most of them with [e]. Other than that, you have to reaaaally cheat the phenomes to get good pronunciation.

Reactions: Elsa12TMNT

Anon-P

New Fan
Jun 19, 2018
Well after listening to the song I can give some advice on the chorus. I would go deeper with pitch bends than what you would think since it seems like the singer is mixing pop and punk together. As for miku herself from the few times I used her, she likes to be kinda slurry/ mumbly on double consonants so I would make sure to focus on those.
This is the song I'm referring to:

sleepysheep7

Apr 8, 2018
Be prepared for a fun time.

Personally I hate her [ I ]''s and replace most of them with [e]. Other than that, you have to reaaaally cheat the phenomes to get good pronunciation.
Yeah I kinda do that with all of my foreign english vocaloids too. I also try to turn the opening down when I use it to get a better sound if the song calls for it.

This is the song I'm referring to:
Yeah that was the song I was listening to that has the mix of pop and punk in the chorus.

sleepysheep7

Apr 8, 2018
I actually wanna make her voice more dynamic tho
Could you explain a little more? Dynamic the term is kinda vague when referring to vocaloids. If you mean make it go from a softer style voice (Like Miku Dark/sweet) to a more powerful (Like Miku Vivid) that is gonna be a mix of brightness and breathiness along with some DAW filters unless you have Miku V3 which then you can XSY the voices together.

Anon-P

New Fan
Jun 19, 2018
Could you explain a little more? Dynamic the term is kinda vague when referring to vocaloids. If you mean make it go from a softer style voice (Like Miku Dark/sweet) to a more powerful (Like Miku Vivid) that is gonna be a mix of brightness and breathiness along with some DAW filters unless you have Miku V3 which then you can XSY the voices together.
I also have the V3 one ready to go tho

Chia-P

Official Artist Channel on YouTube!
Jun 21, 2018
spoti.fi
You might have to break single consonants in half at times. During fast notes, leave a gap between certain notes to allow for the prefix to actually be rendered. For example: "Break sandwich" If you're not careful, the "K" or "S" in those words may be skipped if the notes are too close together. To remedy this, leave a gap by dragging the ends of a note while holding ALT. That will make sure it is not snapping to any grids.

Use some Gender shift to make Mikus voice SLIGHTLY deeper. Be careful not to overdo this effect, though.

Jerrybibo

ボカロ廃人
May 31, 2018
one does not simply miku v4 english

Anyways, all of that aside. Having worked with Miku v4 for (quite) a while now, some of the more universal things I've done that specifically pertains to Miku for a song like you have stated were:
- make sure that you manually edit the phonemes; Miku struggles with that sound that's somewhere between [@], [V] and [Q] and (as stated before) and the [e]'s. (you were already doing that... right?)
- *slightly* increase the gender parameter (on average I increased the value by around 10, occasionally a little less)
- start with a slightly higher dynamic (~+5 to 15), and adjust from there dependent on the part of the song you're on
- XSY with Miku v3 if you have that

Hope this helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)