• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hypothetical importing other Utau voice banks into Deepvocal

Kaleidiope

An Oliver, Fukase and Kazehiki addict
Mar 31, 2020
My attic
this more of a hypothetical question that got my gears turning today. I decided to look into deepvoical today, and if i'm misunderstanding all this, then please, ignore this whole post because I could very well be! XD
But all-in-all, thank-you in advance for your time!

With deepvocal, it's a bit like utau, you can make your own voice banks. And I've seen a few people hold commissions to import vocaloids into deepvocal for others. So, i'm pretty sure others have thought about this, too.

But, what about Utaus you didn't make?
I love a lot of utau voice banks, all of Kurukurusuuzi's most of all, but, would that be wrong to import them if I could figure out how?

Kurukurusuuzi does have a way to contact them, so asking them could be, of course, an option. (Even though that worries me dearly.)
But I know not all voice bank providers and such do have a way, at least on a few anymore.

I know some vocaloids have been imported into Utau, and that's been looked at as very illegal because of the terms and conditions and such. But still, what are the thoughts on using other programs with an utau voice bank?
I tried Cadencii, it didn't go well, couldn't get a peep out of it. But I've never heard anything bad with using a voice bank within that software. Though, one doesn't have to edit the bank to get it to work within it, either. (Unless you do and that's why I didn't work for me. '^^)

But, I can't have my local to japan for Utau do to a few of my other softwares and other things. The program in general doesn't seem to get along with my computer, though. Even the plug-ins and voice banks act oddly for me.

I just really like looking at other vocal synth programs and software, it all amazes me! And when I thought about this, I started thinking if this could be a way to use utaus without too many fights and headaches.

Here's the terms and services, too for kuruurusuuzi. Terms of service | 葛と風邪

It says the banks are okay to edit for otoing reasons and general clean-up. And importing to hanasu, utayomi and even game commentary is okay. But still, that's just for them, what about others, like Yamine Renri?
They also have a way of contracting them, but things like the possible language barrier spooks me a bit.
And anyone who seen my Vocaloid code issues and having to contract Yamaha post, you know I worry too much over odd things about bothering people. XD

But yeah, that's the just, does anyone have thoughts on things like this? Importing other voice banks that aren't yours into other software.

Thank-you all for your time and I hope you all are having a great day!
I also apologize for any spelling errors!

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
I'd actually say this is a bit worse than importing Vocaloids into other programs (legal issues aside, I don't think importing Vocaloids into other programs is a good idea either) - especially if the creator is still active. When most UTAU were created, I'm sure they didn't think of the possibility of other programs rising where you could also create your own bank, so I wouldn't expect it to be covered in many terms of services.

When in doubt, contact the creator. If you can't for any reason (inactive, language barrier, etc.), don't do it. If you do, definitely don't talk or post anything about/with it publicly orz, even if you don't distribute it - that's how I feel about it.

There's also the possibility that if the creator is active, they may be working or planning on making a DeepVocal bank themselves someday, so you wouldn't have to worry about doing something like this.

Kaleidiope

An Oliver, Fukase and Kazehiki addict
Mar 31, 2020
My attic
That's what I was also leaning towards, too! Contact creators and if one can't, don't mess because at the end of the day, it's their creation. Type of thing.
Thank-you so much the input, by the way! I actually don't see myself doing an import, but if I get interested enough one day and if the creators give the go ahead, I might.
I really just wanted to see other people's stances on such situations, and how they would go about it, so thank-you so much for the reply! ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)