• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Nick Robinson traveled to Japan to inquire why Domino's Japan pulled their Miku content off YouTube

dorothy3242

Noffy T. Coffee
Apr 8, 2018
osu.ppy.sh
I saw this yesterday, but had no idea he was related to Porter Robinson. That helps put a few things in perspective... a bit.
Either way, it's absolutely amazing he went all the way to japan to research a youtube video being deleted o.o.

Though it's interesting to note the theory at 2:12 sounds way off- iirc the miku x dominos campaign was SO popular they ran out of supplies extremely quickly, with far more demand than they had expected, and had to do a second run of the special boxes or something like that.

Good thing the likely answer turned out to be something way different (will refrain from mentioning it because it'd spoil the video!)

Daveybear_HTID

New Fan
Jun 4, 2018
I just saw this yesterday, too xD
Wait...Nick Robinson is related to POTATO ROBINSON?! NANI?!?!?!
Joking aside, I admire this guy's determination for cracking down on a video taken down by YouTube.
I went in with absolutely no idea that the Domino's App feat. Hatsune Miku was a thing.
Now, I'm just glad to have learned of some fandom history :3
Wholesome "documentary" was wholesome.

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
Kinda off-topic but I wish he would convince his brother to make a Miku song. I liked Porter's AVANNA songs and think it would pay off for both to use Miku V4 English.

I don't miss the original video. Its parodies are funnier and still online.
CFM tried convincing him to do that years ago. They were at a performance of his a while back at a anime convention in LA and that's where they met Anamanaguchi who performed there too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)