• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Overseas MEIKO compilation album "Dark Chocolate and Maraschino Cherry" + Kickstarter!

Lystrialle

Vocaloid producer (among other things).
Hello! I apologize if this is in the wrong location...

Well, in any case, I'll cut to the chase: in honor of MEIKO's birthday, we'd like to announce an overseas MEIKO compilation album, Dark Chocolate and Maraschino Cherry!
The album is well in development and is slated for release on May 5, 2019 (MEIKO Day).

In the traditional spirit of music making, and to show off the hard work of all the artists, we're holding a Kickstarter for a CD print. This kickstarter is not affiliated with Crypton Future Media.
Please do check it out if you're interested!

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hentai

New Fan
Jun 26, 2018

Meiko Collab Album Kickstarter: Dark Chocolate and Maraschino Cherry
Dark Chocolate and Maraschino Cherry, a Kickstarter launched by a (mostly) Western staff of 9 musicians, 10 artists, and support staff to create a MEIKO collaborative compilation album. The stated goal of the project is to “reflect the variety of tastes and styles created by different kinds of people through MEIKO” acknowledging MEIKO’s Japanese origins they state that “there are people all over the world who have come together through this kind of shared creative energy, and we are making this album in the hopes of expressing that”.

The album’s digital and physical releases are scheduled for May 5, 2019 (MEIKO Day). The Kickstarter for the project is live, already funded, and running through December 1st. Kickstarter rewards tiers include discounted digital downloads, exclusive off vocal tracks, the physical CDs, a sticker sheet, an exclusive pin, art previews, and continued project updates. The Kickstarter is fully bilingual with both an English and Japanese project lead.

The first campaign update includes both English and Japanese Meiko track previews by collab artists.

For the full details please check out the following links:

The Project Kickstarter
English Project Twitter

Hentai

New Fan
Jun 26, 2018
Aww man. I wish that I heard about this sooner, I would've loved to have contributed to the album.
You still can, the Kickstarter has 29 days left!

The production of physical CDs likely won't start till after the Kickstarter and the funds are secured and even then it doesn't actually release until May 5th.

Backing the Kickstarter now can secure you a physical copy, allow them to produce more CDs, or optionally pre-ordering through Kickstarter can get you a discount on the digital download, if physical CDs aren't your jam.

If you can't afford a CD or download, just sharing it with your friends whom you think might be interested can help too.

Anything to spread the MEIKO love.

Kurenai_Akari

Doujin lyricist/Producer & MEIKO fanatic
Apr 8, 2018
Somewhere in Cali
piapro.jp
You still can, the Kickstarter has 29 days left!

The production of physical CDs likely won't start till after the Kickstarter and the funds are secured and even then it doesn't actually release until May 5th.

Backing the Kickstarter now can secure you a physical copy, allow them to produce more CDs, or optionally pre-ordering through Kickstarter can get you a discount on the digital download, if physical CDs aren't your jam.

If you can't afford a CD or download, just sharing it with your friends whom you think might be interested can help too.

Anything to spread the MEIKO love.
Oh no, what I meant originally was that I wished to have contributed to the album as an artist/lyricist

Yeah, I saw that the kickstarter still had until the end of this month or so. I think I'll try to back them when I get my next check.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)