• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Piapro studio help?

static-oceans

I feel so high in the blue, blue sky
Dec 2, 2019
hey there, so i got miku v4x bundled with piapro studio to try and substitute for vocaloid 4, since you can hardly get it nowadays without paying ridiculous aftermarket prices. I currently use vocaloid 3, and hoped piapro would give me a similar, and possibly better experience, but it is literally barely usable. firstly, if it does have an instrumental import option i can't find it, but when i play it through my daw it lags and plays much later than it's supposed to, i could compensate by off setting the vsq but this problem is very inconsistent and the latency can change.

people have told me it's basically a reskin of v4, but there's a bunch of things i relied on in v3 that are missing/ i can't find. like the option to convert all the lyrics to phonemes at once, which is very helpful when importing midis, but in piapro the lyrics aren't kept and everything is changed to あ.

I really want piapro to be usable for me, because i just wasted $200 on it, but it's one of the most frustrating programs i've used. I was so excited to finally be able to use my v4 loids :')

if anyone on here has experience with both vocaloid and piapro, could i get some advice or help? how different of an experience is piapro to v3 for you? and what about v4/piapro?

thank you!!

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
You can't import instrumental inside Piapro, but within the Studio DAW itself. Only Miku V4 Chinese has Standalone Piapro that can play WAV inside it.

If you highlight most of the notes and type in the lyrics and click enter, the program will manually input the lyrics within the notes and out (if there are leftover words) I don't think V3 can do this (I tried doing this last night actually for a bit. X D So used to Piapro here).

static-oceans

Dec 2, 2019
The lag you're experiencing with Piapro, is it along the lines of stuttering, by any chance? If that's the case then you'll want to have a look at what I wrote in this thread: How to fix Piapro constantly stuttering during playback?

Let me know if you need anymore assistance! I exclusively used Piapro up until recently and may know how to fix any other issues.
thank you for the reply!
it does stutter sometimes but it usually sorts itself out. The lag i was referring to is that when i play my work through my daw, piapro will have a latency that makes my singer sing later than they should be. so if they were supposed to come in at measure 20 or something, often they might not start playback until measure 23 or later.

(this only happens when doing playback through my daw, when i'm playing through piapro itself the timing is correct)

Sep 21, 2019
Okay. I think I may know what the problem is. Does the BPM in your DAW match the BPM of your song in Piapro? If not, then you’ll need to change it to get things to play on time! I hope this helps!

Reactions: uncreepy

static-oceans

Dec 2, 2019
Okay. I think I may know what the problem is. Does the BPM in your DAW match the BPM of your song in Piapro? If not, then you’ll need to change it to get things to play on time! I hope this helps!
I think that worked!! i'll have to mess around a bit bc i swear it was playing at different intervals every time, but it seems to be playing correctly right now.

i'm a dummy, i assumed piapro would just match the bpm of the daw. thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)