• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Recommended VSTs/Other Tool for Synthetic Humming?

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
This might be a bit tough to describe, but can anyone suggest one/more VSTs or other methods that might produce something like a humming/droning sound? Like a choral humming, but you can tell that it was (probably?) synthesized rather than being produced by people actually humming? Like something you might hear in New Age music?

Free is better (obviously), and if it happens to come with Studio One Artist Piapro Edition, that'd be great. If it doesn't...SOA:PE doesn't let you install other VSTs, so I guess I'd be restricted to loops or wrangling something somehow until the day comes when I upgrade my DAW.

Thanks!

WintermintP

Lead Guitar, One Minute Winter
PreSonus Symphonic Orchestra | PreSonus Shop

If you have StudioOne from Miku/Rin-Len/Luka, then this might be for you. This works best if you upgrade to Professional though.

WintermintP

EDIT: OHHH at first I didn't know what you meant by SOA:PE... XD But yea, it still stands, PreSonus Symphonic Orchestra. I don't know if they have the hums you're looking for but they definitely have a lot of choir stuff because it's, you know, orchestra. All honesty, though, if you want any good-quality sound product such as synths or sample libraries, it will always run you some big bucks, and there's literally no way around that.

Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hmm, that looks like a good set of instruments! Thanks, WintermintP! There might even be something like the sound I'm looking for in there, though I think what I'm looking for is probably something more like a tool that can generate the many different kinds of synthetic sounds you hear in something like this.

You're definitely right about the price. You generally get what you pay for. Though I'm in sort of an experimentation phase at the moment regarding finding the appropriate sound for what I'm working on, so I'm hesitant to spend $200 to upgrade Studio One and then another $100 on a library. From that perspective, it probably makes more sense to try to work with what I've got at the moment. That said, Piapro Edition comes with a number of VSTs, so I was hoping someone might happen to be familiar with one of them that was generally used for something like the sounds I'm looking for.

I think I'll spend some time digging through the VSTs that Miku came with. There are an awful lot of them, and I'm guessing I might find something that will either fit my mental image or inspire me.

Thanks again!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Wait, the Piapro Edition comes with VSTs? I thought it was just Piapro for Studio One and that's it...
Yep, the Piapro Edition (at least the one that comes with the Miku V4X bundle) comes with over 200 instruments (They're briefly described under "PreSonus Virtual Instruments & Sounds."). So I've got some stuff to look through.

EDIT: Wait, don't tell me all that whomp stuff is what you're actually trying to do... O_O;; That requires FM knowledge...
Nah, I just thought that if there was a tool that was mostly/slightly responsible for producing those sounds, it might be able to make the sounds I'm after, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)