• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Regarding physical purchases

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Due to the COVID19 outbreak, Japan Post has suspended several of their services, including ALL SAL DELIVERIES (the cheapest option).
Here is the list of affected countries/delivery methods. (Thanks to @Cluemily for finding this!)

So, if you've ordered a physical vocaloid, or plan to order one, be aware that due to the unfortunate unforseen circumstances you may not get it for quite a while.

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
This is probably smart. I'm assuming the packages are just being held onto for now and will be sent out later on? Delays are totally understandable (due to some shipping BS, my copy of Gumi V4 is currently in Germany with a friend, and I'm currently holding onto a different friend's copy of Kaito V1 to ship later), but I hope no one's mail gets lost!

(Edit: To clarify, I mean that packages will be held by the senders, rather than the postal offices or what have you. For example, forwarding services like Buyee have a 30 day package holding limit, but in this sort of event I'd imagine those sorts of services would have to extend that?)

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Items which have already been accepted and cannot be dispatched to their destinations will be returned from the delivery offices to the senders in order. In addition, because of the global reduction of flights, considerable delivery delays are expected for outbound mail items to other countries/territories.

I'm not sure exactly how this will all work, honestly.

Reactions: Leon

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Ye, that's the part that I was wondering about. It'll be interesting to see, that's for sure! I think patience will be necessary. After all, nobody's dealt with something like this before, in our times at least :S

static-oceans

I feel so high in the blue, blue sky
Dec 2, 2019
i'm lucky my v4 package came when it did then! i dunno what i'd be doing without it in this quarantine rn. it was a good excuse to work on some wips :0

but I do have a couple vocaloids in shipping limbo bc of this as well

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I would be complaining about my Gackpos if I wasn't bogged down with studying for exams this quarantine............ LOL. But I do hope the Gacks don't get lost in the mail aslfjaksdfj
Guess it's best to be on hold for now tho bc idk if I wanna touch a package that came through New York right now,,

Reactions: static-oceans

static-oceans

Dec 2, 2019
hoping they get home safe and healthy! lol

luckily my order isn't even in the mail system right now, so i don't think i have to worry about them getting lost.
and yeah! maybe you should put your boys in quarantine for a bit when you get them :00

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Or maybe touch the packaging for as little time as possible and wash hands + sanitize the boxes immediately after?? Who knows! LOL

I'm glad your packages aren't in danger of being lost!! That sounds like it'd be super stressful. Your V4 package came just in time, huh? :0

static-oceans

Dec 2, 2019
haha, yeah, that sounds like a good idea too lmao

oh definitely! it's a better time than ever to work on some wip projects, and v4 made it so much easier (and gave me a bunch of motivation)
I wonder how long until it's safe for my order to actually ship though :unsure: I'm glad i didn't actually have plans for the loids in limbo yet.

static-oceans

Dec 2, 2019
Due to the COVID19 outbreak, Japan Post has suspended several of their services, including ALL SAL DELIVERIES (the cheapest option).
Here is the list of affected countries/delivery methods. (Thanks to @Cluemily for finding this!)

So, if you've ordered a physical vocaloid, or plan to order one, be aware that due to the unfortunate unforseen circumstances you may not get it for quite a while.
I guess i should mention as well, that over at time+space, they're working from home right now, so it seems that they're no longer offering physicals for the zero-g vocaloids for the time being.

Reactions: WyndReed and Leon

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Oops, I forgot that. Well, I very rarely use SAL so no issue for me as of now. Everthing I have on order are either Air Mail, EMS or DHL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)