• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Rin Kagamine V4 English- WIP

AViolet

Aspiring Producer
Sep 29, 2020
Hello! I'm working on a song with Rin and I'm looking for feedback on what could be improved on in regards to her voice.

I've used Portamento and did dynamics in the first verse so far. I also changed some phonemes to try to make her sound clearer.

Thank you for reading!

Reactions: AALLF

AALLF

I create symphonic metal/rock using Gumi.
May 20, 2020
United States
www.youtube.com
Did you write the instrumental? I like it a lot.

Do you use EQ on the vocals or anything? Sounds like there is a lot of mids, but little presence area and treble (a trend I have noticed of many a vocaloid mixes).

If you have access to an EQ, try boosting in the 2-4k area with a parametric, and use a hi-shelf to bring out some of the "air" over 10k.

If you don't use EQ, then ignore this advice, but it will really help for clarity (honestly, I find it essential).

AViolet

Aspiring Producer
Sep 29, 2020
Did you write the instrumental? I like it a lot.

Do you use EQ on the vocals or anything? Sounds like there is a lot of mids, but little presence area and treble (a trend I have noticed of many a vocaloid mixes).

If you have access to an EQ, try boosting in the 2-4k area with a parametric, and use a hi-shelf to bring out some of the "air" over 10k.

If you don't use EQ, then ignore this advice, but it will really help for clarity (honestly, I find it essential).
Thank you! I did write the instrumental c:

As it stands currently, I'm a bit of a beginner when it comes to EQing, but I'll definitely take your advice on that! I have heard before that bringing up the
high end a bit might help the clarity. Thanks a lot for the comment!

Reactions: AALLF

Ronny777

VOCALOID5 Tuner
Dec 10, 2020
Canada
soundcloud.com
The flow of Rin's singing is really good. I can't hear any choppiness. I can understand the words in the chorus well but then her voice starts to mix with the instrumental and the piano over powers it. Are you using vocaloid 5 or 4 or Piapro studio? Like AALLF said EQ helps a lot with making the voice clearer.

Reactions: AViolet

AViolet

Aspiring Producer
Sep 29, 2020
The flow of Rin's singing is really good. I can't hear any choppiness. I can understand the words in the chorus well but then her voice starts to mix with the instrumental and the piano over powers it. Are you using vocaloid 5 or 4 or Piapro studio? Like AALLF said EQ helps a lot with making the voice clearer.
Thank you! I'm using Vocaloid 4, with Rin's Eng V4x voicebank. I am taking into account what you're saying about the instrumental overpowering her vocals in the chorus- quite frankly, the instrumental needs a bit more mixing/mastering. If you don't mind answering- is it just bringing up the high end a bit specifically that helps? Or... are there any particular plugins that would help with EQ more than others? I use Maximus on FL studio, but I noticed that when I bring up the high end too much, I start to hear that "machine-like" sound.

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019
Rin english mostly requires compression to sound good because her phonemes tend to have big dynamics changes that make it hard to properly level her voice compared to the instrumental

AViolet

Aspiring Producer
Sep 29, 2020
Rin english mostly requires compression to sound good because her phonemes tend to have big dynamics changes that make it hard to properly level her voice compared to the instrumental
Thank you! I'll be keeping this in mind c:

AViolet

Aspiring Producer
Sep 29, 2020
I wish i could help more on a technical level but i've never worked with Rin's voicebank and i don't know much about mixing.
It's alright! I heard your Miku cover and it honestly sounds great.
Also, I just tried compressing Rin's voice and bringing out the highs. It sounds much clearer now, and more level! Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)