• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Russian fandom of vocaloids

maple

russian translator
Apr 18, 2018
Russia
Post your questions about russian fandom of vocaloids here. (Covers, translations, groups, etc.)
"Love is war" - "Любовь это война"
Singer: Emnily

Really, I don't watch russian vocaloid community. So I can't say enough about it. If hear some cover, it's just occidentally. I'm only translator of articles.
Once upon a time I found russian site of vocaloids "mikupa.ru". After several months Monds meet Volcha (chief of the site) and asked him help with translations. I was the one who translated long enough... There are few things I'm interesting in. I likes vocaloid songs, that's all.

But there is a much larger community in "free internet", outside of "mikupa.ru". I don't watch it. There are several groups and fans who translate songs, and even dub them! As anime, too. I found lots of songs were translated (subbed) for 10 years, and they are good songs, which I like. Now I know their translation thanks to them - I know only Russian, English and somwhat German languages.

Lots of dubbed songs made a group "Radiant Records":
"Bad apple" - "Плохое яблоко"

Last edited:
I like to compare the Russian and German fandoms. Russian fandom seems to be similar to the German one but it's a little smaller. Both fandoms are split up in smaller communities around the Internet, make some small news blogs, experiment with UTAU, sing covers, have AHS concerts in the capital cities and have some notable but unknown producers within the Western Vocaloid scene overall. Alexei Ustinov and Scythe of Luna for example.
The only things that the Russian fandom has, which the German one doesn't seem to have, are the Mikupa.ru forums and the local Vocaloid fan club VocaMSK in Moscow. The second one is more common for Asian fandoms.
And apropos Mikupa.ru, I wonder why there is no partner banner of them on VVN yet. Same goes for Mikufan.com. Would be nice to see more Miku faces on here, at least in form of partner banners.

I don't have much contact with those fandoms either. I only know some Russian/German fans here and there, because I'm not active on VK etc., but I like to analyze both fandoms. One day, I would like to attend a Miku concert in Mother Russia.

EDIT: There is a German subforum on VVN. You can request a Russian one in this thread. If enough people want one, we will get one.

Last edited:

maple

russian translator
Apr 18, 2018
Russia
And apropos Mikupa.ru, I wonder why there is no partner banner of them on VVN yet. Same goes for Mikufan.com. Would be nice to see more Miku faces on here, at least in form of partner banners.
We are partners, but don't have active members. It concerns all the fandom. Miku and vocaloids are not well-known in our country, though everyone knows about anime, for example.
The site "mikupa.ru" publish new articles, but they are mostly from head of team. Other members write rare. Natasha VERY likes Kaito, she is him fan. Other member serves in army and he is a fan of Miku-racing; he publish reports about Good Smile Racing always. They know Japan language as well.
Miku concert in Russia is non-achivable dream. There were two or three vocaloid-events here for 10 years. Again, I don't live in Moscow.
EDIT: There is a German subforum on VVN. You can request a Russian one in this thread. If enough people want one, we will get one.
No necessity for this, as I am alone.
I was on "Vocaloid Otaku" also, but there were few people from Russia. Two forum-guests and two vocaloid-composers.
I was excited about Miku in Everlasting Summer until I saw the trailer. It's just another harem VN. Heck, is an innocent and romantic VN with Miku too much of a wish???
Don't have information about it.
This visual novel includes Miku as additional person. Variant with Miku has only one ending - horror-ending.
The game itself is a typical visual novel with several variants of girl-friend. It has "main non-erotic" and "patch with erotic" versions.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)