• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV SynthV AI Yuma & Natalie

___

Oct 8, 2019
The DT comfort zone had definitely not been 100% exited, and I have seen a lot of people commenting on his Saki-ness, which I don't disagree on, but coming from someone who like...outright dislikes 80% of the alphabet soup besties, I'm not the one to eat them up, I personally hear that there's more to his timbre to distinguish him. Even if he were introduced as a feminine vocal, I think there's an inherent "boyishness" to the voice to make it stand out for me personally.

I don't really think anyone's wrong in how they feel, in this case I think it comes down to subjective taste ,to what degree he's distinct for you.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
i guess i will talk about this in here since in on the topic of yuma-

i uhhh impulse bought Yuma last night haha. i do really like him, in that sense of being a "boyish" voice. in his mid range he sure can sound similar to Saki, but theres a unique accent/tone to his voice that i quite like. so dont take my comparison/opinion on dreamtonics sameyness as not finding unique parts of him lol! i think hes similar but... also not! but im gonna throw the rest of my thoughts on using him below this spoiler.

last night and this morning has mostly been a lot of plug and play, going through files, throwing on auto tuning, and just seeing what hes like. even tho dreamtonics library continues to grow, and some sound similar... its not like i own all of them (my only others are Ryo and Feng Yi), so i knew Yuma would be a much needed addition to my very feminine library and im glad he exists for changing up the gendered vibes.

general use-- quality wise hes better (imo) to me than Ryo, who i still have issues with in his quality which is a shame. hes also much more limited, since Yuma is "younger" toned and meant for a higher range. but! that doesnt mean he doesnt have a good low range. not as low as Ryo or other males. but the way he sounds from high to low is very satisfying. he has a really nice head voice when he gets high enough, but a reall good strong power voice is also possible just around that range too.

with his vocal modes- Power, Gentle, Airy, and Solid.
soo at first i was... i little dissapointed. it did not seem to me like they were making a huge difference... i started messing around a lot to figure out the best use of them- and its not that they dont sound different but, rather i think theyre more noticeable on certain ranges? Gentle seems more obvious to me really low, or really high (for falsetto, but its still very slight). Gentle does add a nice sound to his existing voice but it just isnt super apparent until you listen to him a lot. Airy kinda does what youd expect, and i really dont think its super obvious on any range but higher ones, for that head voice kinda sound. Power is the most obvious sounding in the middle and high range. solid is not super obvious to me either but i hear it best on low/mid range.
it might just be me, and the fact i havent had him long. but i will note my other important discovery... Yuma and especially his vocal modes work best with tone shift. took some messing around to see how i could get him to hold a solid powerful voice in higehr ranges, bc the Power mode alone didnt always do the trick. But lowering the tone shift in high range really really helps, and some of those vocal modes become more obvious (power + low tone shift or gentle/airy + high tone shift). using a higher tone shift in his mid/low range helps bring up some strength too, or gives a boost to the softer vocal modes. in general i dont think id be liking Yuma very much if the toneshift didnt end up saving some of the issues i was having, and even still i have mostly been using Power and Gentle.

not a real critique, but sadly his high range onto goes so high- it cane be a tad annoying when he hits his limit, because some songs not in the male range are too much... but some male range songs are too low. not happening too much, but its occurred with a few files i had so, dont expect him to reach the same range as a female voice... he starts to do that thing where it gets are hoarse and corrupted haha.

obvious i havent dont anything finished with him, not tuning anything from scratch. but im very happy with the quality, mostly after Ryo kinda dissapointed me there. in general i think hes a good addition especially if you dont have a lotta voices and are considering a boyish voice. he is the only "boyish" aimed voice... and i do think his tone is enough to distinguish him from Saki that, while more technical sides may be similar, she is still aimed at being feminine.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)