• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

The Looming Possibility of One Minute Winter's Disbandment

Status
Not open for further replies.

WintermintP

Lead Guitar, One Minute Winter
You heard right. it is possible that One Minute Winter might be disbanding and I might not ever do Vocaloid or metalcore music again. This is due to the fact that my computer apparently was undergoing an update but it was interrupted and now its original drive can't run Windows anymore, but what's confusing about the allegation saying that I was upating my computer and I interrupted it is that such case is not even possible, as the computer was off during the time mentioned in the log and I was asleep at the time.

The only possible solution at that point became that I had to slave the original hard drive to a new solid state drive so that the solid state drive can run the Windows 10 instead. There were two main problems that rose from this.

One: I managed to recover most of the plugins I had but not only is the Neural DSP Darkglass plugin not showing up on my DAW, all of the Vocaloids I bought were also gone. Because I apparently activated VOCALOID4 Editor too many times, I was unable to activate the editor ever again, but what I found unfair was that several of these activations are completely dead because they were in drives that I can no longer access (except for this one but its activation got wiped before I could deactivate it, thus leaving its usage empty with no way to get it back). I contacted Yamaha regarding this and they replied that I had to fill out a form, so I did. Their response has yet to be seen. However, even if I get all of the Vocaloids back, I still don't have one of the most important plugins that I desperately need: the Neural DSP Darkglass. Because I don't have the said plugin anymore and I've contacted their Tech Support which I still have yet to hear back from, if I don't get to recover that plugin I don't get to make any of the kind of music that I have been making up until this point, which is a shame because metalcore is my favourite genre of all time, and that would mean I would have to start writing songs in other genres, which actually sucks because not only do I find that no different from becoming a complete sellout, I don't have the tools or expertise to embark on the genres that I am interested in, and the genres I can embark on with what I have aren't really what I bought the plugins and instruments for in the first place.

Two: The repair guy neglected to understand the fact that VST3 plugins absolutely have to be installed on the C drive, and the solid state drive has insufficient space to house the said plugins. This might sound frivolous at first, but the problem lies in the fact that more than half my plugins are VST3 and some of them are VST3 exclusive, including some of the amp plugins that I use on a regular basis. This means that unless the plugins somehow take up far less space than expected, it's only a matter of time until I have a dead computer on my hands.

So One Minute Winter's status is currently unknown and there is a high chance of the band dissolving within the foreseeable future. If you happen to be a Catholic or of any religion that involves prayers, please, pray for us.

Regards,
WintermintP

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Oh no...I'm sorry about your problem, Winter. :kaito_lili:

I hope everything turns out right in the end, and you can continue making music that you love. I was also thinking of asking you of how is your finger doing from the cut that you got a while ago.

You don't have to do Pop music or dance type, but can you still do rock type music at least, acoustic or just simple rock, etc.? :kaito_lili: (trying to help you out) And if you want in the meanwhile you can try UTAU and get some Rock/Kire type voicebanks? (It's what I'm doing but I'm using a soft/power type Utauloid and just doing a cover)

Also I don't know if it's just me, but is everyone getting updates from Windows 10 and some getting problems from it? I feel like this new update is causing problems or bad luck. :flower_lili:

WintermintP

Oh my, looks like the plague's a spreadin' then.

The real problem I have with my computer, though, is that what it's saying on the log is impossible, as the computer was turned off and I was asleep at the time, so I have no clue how the update even started.

Acoustic is a lot trickier to record because you don't have the editing flexibilities you would have with an electric, but I could try, although I haven't touched an acoustic in years. Simple rock isn't really my forte because when I write riffs I always prefer them to be more than just three or four power chords. I have written "Streets of Tokyo" but it's really hard to come up with a riff that sounds like pop rock but is still interesting.

UTAU has always been a headache for me, everything from phonemes to otoing and figuring out which UTAUs I can use commercially, all that can be a problem, and I've already had my fair share of errors that come up every time I boot UTAU.

A bit of context as to why the Darkglass plugin is really important to me, it's actually based off of the Darkglass B7K Ultra and the Vintage Drive Ultra, the former of which is the pedal that's essential in any metalcore, punk/hardcore, or djent bass tone (it's either that or the Alpha-Omega Ultra but they don't have that as a plugin yet). The sound coming from the pedal is so great that you could even use the pedal by itself without an amp or cabinet right through the speakers via DI. That's actually nuts, because there was never such a powerful pedal before.

EDIT:

Special thanks to @Paradoxical for moving the thread and clarifying some things about the Departures section. Since my status is simply unknown and not confirmed that I'll be leaving the forums I guess it... doesn't count? (although it's clear that if I can't get the stuff back that would mean I would be leaving the forums)

Anyway, further update regarding my status. I was able to get all of my plugins back BUT that did not solve the Vocaloid problem, as that still requires YAMAHA's response. All we can do is wait and see.

Regards,
WintermintP

Last edited:

sleepysheep7

GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!!!
Apr 8, 2018
ah that is a real bummer dude. Windows 10 updates can be a real pain. I wouldn't really even know where to start on that to be honest since it is half tech/ half talking to companies and prove that you purchased stuff. From what I have heard, the Vocaloid part won't be to much trouble if you show proof of purchase. I'm not sure about the petal because I haven't ever used one beyond what cam in FL-studios. (Not to mention I don't really know how to write songs and also I'm sure if I did most would be just candy pop to be honest) Still, I wouldn't give up making music while you are down. While you are down, I would just take a breather, just write down ideas that come to mind and come back to them later.

WintermintP

ah that is a real bummer dude. Windows 10 updates can be a real pain. I wouldn't really even know where to start on that to be honest since it is half tech/ half talking to companies and prove that you purchased stuff. From what I have heard, the Vocaloid part won't be to much trouble if you show proof of purchase. I'm not sure about the petal because I haven't ever used one beyond what cam in FL-studios. (Not to mention I don't really know how to write songs and also I'm sure if I did most would be just candy pop to be honest) Still, I wouldn't give up making music while you are down. While you are down, I would just take a breather, just write down ideas that come to mind and come back to them later.
Truth is, as soon as I'm back in the game I have tracks to finish off and it'll get real busy real fast. Problem is, I've dealt with software developers before. The support sections are often unreliable, and there have already been numerous times I was forced to leave empty-handed with my problems left unsolved.

Also, like I said, I did not trigger the Windows 10 update, and I have no clue what the log is even saying because what it's saying is impossible.

I should further note that their reply determines the fate of One Minute Winter. If I can't get the Vocaloids back, the band has no hope in hell. That means everything will have to shut down and I have to go look into doing something else, or stop doing Vocaloid music but focus on instrumentals.

Regards,
WintermintP

Last edited:

sleepysheep7

Apr 8, 2018
Truth is, as soon as I'm back in the game I have tracks to finish off and it'll get real busy real fast. Problem is, I've dealt with software developers before. The support sections are often unreliable, and there have already been numerous times I was forced to leave empty-handed with my problems left unsolved.

Also, like I said, I did not trigger the Windows 10 update, and I have no clue what the log is even saying because what it's saying is impossible.

Regards,
WintermintP
That's because windows 10 automatically does it due to microsoft's new programing of the interface. (It has been a major issue for most) If you post the log I can maybe try to make some sense of it.

edit: or in worst case attempt to google foo it

sleepysheep7

Apr 8, 2018
Windows can update while the computer is turned off? Also, they were never a pain until today.

Regards,
WintermintP
Depends on if your pc is PXE enabled or not. My guess is that windows update downloaded in the background while it was last in use. But then something happened during the download and it corrupted something. From there when it was reset, windows tried to install what it had but due to the corruption, it made everything wonky.

WintermintP

According to the timecode, that's not possible, because the update happened during the time the computer was off and I was asleep.

EDIT: Oh background. Still makes no sense, as I never got the "Update and Shut Down" or "Update and Restart" option. Nothing on the computer mentioned any updates.

Regards,
WintermintP

sleepysheep7

Apr 8, 2018
According to the timecode, that's not possible, because the update happened during the time the computer was off and I was asleep.

Regards,
WintermintP
hmm that is certainly an oddity. Have you tried going to settings>windows updates>view installed update history> uninstall updates?

WintermintP

The repair guy already showed the log and it showed that the computer was updating, which is really weird because there was no mention of any updates whatsoever. Anyway, that ship has already sailed because the drive is now chained to a new solid state drive that has the new Windows 10.

Anyway, if I can't get the loids back, as I said, One Minute Winter is gonezo.

Okay, update in regards to the Vocaloids.

I just got new serial codes, so all I gotta do is plug them in. Wish me luck!

Regards,
WintermintP

Last edited:

sleepysheep7

Apr 8, 2018
The repair guy already showed the log and it showed that the computer was updating, which is really weird because there was no mention of any updates whatsoever. Anyway, that ship has already sailed because the drive is now chained to a new solid state drive that has the new Windows 10.

Anyway, if I can't get the loids back, as I said, One Minute Winter is gonezo.

Regards,
WintermintP
Well I do hope that everything works out for you. I'm sure yamaha will be understanding.

WintermintP

I got new serial codes but Yamaha weren't really understanding of the situation. They were like "oh next time use Deactivation Tool." Like, holy @#$%, if the computer crashes all of a sudden you can't do that.

EDIT: I got all of the Vocaloids back, and One Minute Winter's back in the game. @Paradoxical this thread can close now.

Regards,
WintermintP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)