• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Uninstalling Vocaloid 4 Using Wine

Älfa Dröttning

Aspiring Fan
Sep 17, 2019
Hi! I’m planning on deactivating and uninstalling my copies of Yohioloid and the V4 editor before I update my Mac OS to Catalina (and then I’ll move them onto Windows/boot camp). They’re currently running using Wine which is making uninstalling a little tricky. I have the deactivation tool, but I can’t find the uninstaller for either of them. Do any of you have suggestions on what to do for this? I’m guessing that I can’t just delete the voicebank/editor files since there’s probably data stored elsewhere too. Thanks!

Edit: To clarify, Wine is not causing any problems, I just don’t have the uninstallers. Wine let’s me see and use all of my apps that are windows-only and Idk if Catalina will prevent me from using it, which is why I’d like to also uninstall V4 now.

Last edited:

Älfa Dröttning

Aspiring Fan
Sep 17, 2019
@Kazumimi should be able to give more in depth explanation. Ik how to uninstall vocaloids o Windows but idk whether its any different using Wine but keeping them installed while being deactivated shouldnt do any harm, all its gonna do is take up space.
Thanks! The installer using Wine works exactly the same as using regular Windows, so I’m assuming uninstalling would be the same too. My main concern is if Wine stops working after the update since, as far as I know, I won’t be able to uninstall them if it does (unless I use another virtual machine).

Reactions: ___

___

Oct 8, 2019
Ah gotcha! Well knowing this if youd still like to uninstall them you can go to control panel --> programs --> the 1st option ( my computer isnt in eng so idk what its called in eng fghj ) and there you can search for Hio and the editor and uninstall them!

• Love
Reactions: Älfa Dröttning

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
For uninstalling voice banks/the editor in Windows, you have to go to Apps & features and just click the editor/character name from the list (there isn't a special uninstall shortcut in a folder you have to find) to uninstall. Apparently, for Mac you have to go to Applications, open the Vocaloid [insert version number] folder, and there's an Uninstaller folder with a shortcut you have to click. I looked and a forum said that Wine has an "Add/Remove Programs" Control Panel that looks like Windows. They also said:
Just run the Wine Control Panel like so from the command line:

wine control

and open the "Add/Remove Programs" applet.

But be warned: some uninstallers don't work fully yet in Wine. You may have to remove stuff manually.
All you really have to do is make sure that the editor/voices are deactivated so it saves your serial numbers. I am not sure how to delete software manually in the command prompt or what file name you would specifically want to delete if you had to.

• Love
Reactions: Älfa Dröttning

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
As they've said, there really is no need to specifically uninstall anything. As long as you've deactivated them, you can reactivate them on your next machine/OS. If you really did want to uninstall them, you'd have to do it through the add/remove programs section of settings, if Wine runs just like Windows -- but again, if you don't care about that, there's no need to :>

Sep 21, 2019
@Kazumimi should be able to give more in depth explanation. Ik how to uninstall vocaloids o Windows but idk whether its any different using Wine but keeping them installed while being deactivated shouldnt do any harm, all its gonna do is take up space.
ldkjknff I'm super late to this, sorry, haha. But it seems you've got it worked out (or at least, I hope that's the case because I'm not sure how to uninstall stuff using regular Wine since I use Wineskin)! :o
And, Patuk, you are correct that as long as they're deactivated there's no harm in keeping them installed! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)