• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

V2's at it again.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
After installing Rin and Len Append, V2 crashed and burned. I figured, no problem, I'll just uninstall and reinstall everyone again and set the Appends as my base V2! The thing is: I only uninstalled half of them before, suddenly, I couldn't uninstall them at all. Not only can I not install any of my VBs, I can't UNinstall them either.

1595731775571.png

I've deactivated all VBs and tried restarting my computer - multiple times - and uninstalling V2 itself, which, again, gives me the above prompt. I don't for the life of me know what's going on. I've never had this problem before.

Reactions: kozet

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I'm leaving this here in case future generations share in my struggles and need a safe place to turn to, somewhere with the answers they seek. If only I'd had the same.

Ah, dramatic monologue aside, I had to break out the big guns: uninstalling V2 and its banks through Revo Uninstaller was the only way I could get it to work. The uninstallers themselves wouldn't work, but after that I just ran an Advanced Scan and deleted everything that came up. A time-consuming process, but an effective one. After that, I installed and activated Tonio, restarted my computer*, installed and activated Act2 (running them as a Customized Setup, of course, so their editor wouldn't override Tonio's editor), then did the same for the Kagamine Appends (as a Complete Setup, so their editor WOULD override Tonio's), restarted again, et voila! A functional V2!

Now to install the updater so it's in English again and finish re-installing everyone else.

*Act2 refused to install as a custom setup until I restarted, because it wouldn't register that an editor had already been installed. I repeated the process after the Appends just in case it happened again.

• Wow
Reactions: static-oceans

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)