• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

"V3 has expired" message on a newly downloaded V3 trial

___

Oct 8, 2019
So I've downloaded Maika's trial on my laptop and this is the message that pops up when I try opening tiny V3.

v3 expired.png

and it doesn't let me use it.

Could it be because I've used a V3 trial on this laptop before?

I have PC which is designed to run heavier software and have V5 on it and then I have a laptop for more casual use and that's the one I downloaded Maika's trial on. I have downloaded multiple V3 trials in the past on my PC and I've mostly used them in V5 but I don't think tiny V3 ever gave me issue there and I was always able to open it up until the trial expired.

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
It's not a trial of a V3 you've already used, is it? Cause then it wouldn't let you reuse it but... Typically it'd just warn you a voicebank isn't active and make it go silent. The editor itself shouldn't be saying this if you have it activated rn? And afaik Tiny V3 doesn't need activated does it??

___

Oct 8, 2019
It isnt and I always uninstall my old trials after theyve expired cuz I hate them taking up space so that can't be it :kaito_lili:

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Leon

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
To be clear, do you own the full V3 Editor? Cause I know activation can be weird sometimes. Could try reactivating it...?

___

Oct 8, 2019
I do not, on this certain laptop I do not have any Vocaloid editor.

I can always use her on V5 on my other PC so it's not a huge deal but it's a bummer >_>

• Sad
Reactions: Leon

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Huh. It's definitely strange, since afaik V3 trials come with Tiny V3 and that shouldn't be a problem?? D:

• Sad
Reactions: ___

___

Oct 8, 2019
Update: I tried installing Maika trial again on PC with V5 and she doesn't make any sound in the editor, as if her trial expired :miku2_move:

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Weird, I wonder if it's something like the thing that happened with the trial that was available for 1 day with the Meikas. When you tried to play sound, nothing happened with them. But then inexplicably the next day after everyone had given up, they sang. Maybe try to restart your computer and check if it makes Maika sing?

___

Oct 8, 2019
Weird, I wonder if it's something like the thing that happened with the trial that was available for 1 day with the Meikas. When you tried to play sound, nothing happened with them. But then inexplicably the next day after everyone had given up, they sang. Maybe try to restart your computer and check if it makes Maika sing?
I know exactly what you're referring to, V5 had this issue with trials where they would work day or two after installation. That however got fixed and all trials have worked just fine ( at least for me ), I got Lily not too long time ago and had no issues. Seeing as tiny V3 won't open and is asking for activation I think the issue is in Maika's trial itself? That's my guess.

I appreciate you taking the time, thank you uncreepy!

• Sad
Reactions: uncreepy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)