• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Vocaloid 15th Anniversary

Wario94

Passionate Fan
Jan 5, 2019
Believe it or not, This month and year (January 15, 2019) marks the 15th anniversary of both Vocaloid and two of the world's first Vocaloid software LE♂N and L♀LA!
Now, I will gonna ask: what did you think about this very special anniversary of both LE♂N and L♀LA and Vocaloid itself (including Hatsune Miku)?

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Wow, that's a long time! I can't believe how much Vocaloid has developed since Leon and Lola came out. I feel like Vocaloid culture has changed a lot since they came out, and definitely changed with Hatsune Miku's development. 2D idol culture is booming right now with VTubers being mega popular and VR tech changing, it makes me feel obsolete. : P There will probably be some big changes in the vocal synth world this year, I bet we'll look back on the start of 2019 and everything will be a lot different. Sort of related, but Bilibili seems to have some big ideas in terms of Vocaloid concerts and also Taobao is going to sell merch that isn't infringing on IP, so it seems like cosplay and character merch will probably explode. My wallet is probably going to feel a lot lighter this year.

Wario94

Passionate Fan
Jan 5, 2019
@uncreepy Not only that, but, like you said, there would be a very special Appends for all of the Crypton Vocaloids which would release on January 30th (Luka's 10th anniversary) in which they using the original voice data for both the V1 era (MEIKO and KAITO) and the V2 era (Miku, Rin, Len, and Luka) and spice it up to sound better. Am I right?

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I think it's quite exciting, as well. I wish I had time to pull off an anniversary video for Leon and Lola... but wow, how times have changed, right? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)