• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID 5 Issues

Metaphasic

New Fan
Jan 18, 2022
Hi there! First time here. I have VOCALOID 5 and have a few issues.

1) It say "the" like "thee" not "thuh". How do I fix that. I already tried using thuh.

2) It isn't properly splitting "splinters" across two notes. It's the first word I've come across where this didn't work. Using a - in between the syllables doesn't work either.

Ronny777

VOCALOID5 Tuner
Dec 10, 2020
Canada
soundcloud.com
Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 11.01.41 PM.png

when typing the words in you will sometimes get alternate suggestions all you have to do is click on the one you want.

Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 11.03.58 PM.png
If its not there click on the { } button and it will open the bottom menu.Click on the phonetic symbol (D V) and type the sound you want this is a list of all the usable symbols. You'll want to go to 6.phonetic list.

ETA:Im not too sure about why the word splinter going across notes but you can always try splitting the words up instead eg.( splint ter)

Feel free to if you need more help!

Reactions: Metaphasic

Metaphasic

New Fan
Jan 18, 2022
vocaloid issue.png

This is my screen. I'm not seeing an option to change the phoneme for it. It sound like "thy" but only here. In other places, where the note is longer, it says thuh, like it should.

Also, splitting the word splinters up into splin and ters, kind of works, but ters doesn't sound right either. It sounds like spin chers.

Maybe you can recreate this and play with it. Then tell me what I need to do.

Note: I'm not that technically savvy. lol

Last edited:

Ronny777

VOCALOID5 Tuner
Dec 10, 2020
Canada
soundcloud.com
Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 11.48.42 PM.png
if you look at the bottom left ____D @___ I've changed the V for a @ because it resembled the uh sound you mentioned wanting.
Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 11.59.45 PM.png
Then you can write splin ter and manually add the s. Splinters seems to be one of those words that the VOCALOID5 dictionary recognize.

I hope this helps!

Reactions: Metaphasic

Metaphasic

New Fan
Jan 18, 2022
Yay! It worked. Part of the problem was me not realizing I could replace what was in the box. I didn't get a popup though. Thanks a ton! I know where to come when I have issues now.

• Love
Reactions: Ronny777

Metaphasic

New Fan
Jan 18, 2022
Thanks for all your help and attention. I have another oddity, though. If you don't mind. I'm using the word 'avenue' in a phrase, across three notes. It gives the right phonemes, as far as I can tell, which are...

a- {
ve- v e
nue n u:

The problem is, it isn't making the 'a' sound correctly. It should be a as in 'cat', but sounds more like 'eh'. I've tried a few others from the following vocaloid wiki to avail.

Do you have any idea why this might be happening, or how to fix it?

Metaphasic

New Fan
Jan 18, 2022
The entire phrase is: I walked along the avenue. I have the entire song done, and strangely, it's the only word that's mispronounced. After reading the article, I think I have a firm grasp on phonemes now. Still, the solution for this one is eluding me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)