• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Vocaloid 5 Not Opening??

My copy of the V5 editor seems to be broken. Whenever I try to run it there's an error message "unhanded exception:an unexpected error has occured. Vocaloid 5 editor will now close"

It doesn't start!!!
I repaired the files, uninstalled and installed multiple times

what should I do ?? is anyone else having this problem??

Aqua-P

New Fan
Apr 9, 2018
Yamaha has confirmed that this problem there (and others) come from .NET Framework.

sleepysheep7

GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!!!
Apr 8, 2018
Yamaha has confirmed that this problem there (and others) come from .NET Framework.
If it is a .NET framework error would going into the registry files and removing the Vocaloid5 registry fix the error?

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
If it is a .NET framework error would going into the registry files and removing the Vocaloid5 registry fix the error?
I'm missing something from your suggestion...why would the .NET framework be related to Vocaloid5's entry in a computer's registry? It seems like removing Vocaloid5 from the registry would uninstall Vocaloid5 or break its installation or something.

Just to add my two cents, I'd try updating to the latest version of the .NET framework.

Last edited:

sleepysheep7

GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!!!
Apr 8, 2018
I'm missing something from your suggestion...why would the .NET framework be related to Vocaloid5's entry in a computer's registry? It seems like removing Vocaloid5 from the registry would uninstall Vocaloid5 or break its installation or something.

Just to add my two cents, I'd try updating to the latest version of the .NET framework.
Well I was just reading from a wiki that stated that .net framework error can happen due to misconfiguration when something is installed or a cluttered registry, which is why I suggested it.

Here is the wiki I was quoting

Dealing with a .NET Framework Error « wiki-errors.com

Not sure if that helps explain my thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)