• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Vocaloid and Miku Trends in Japan

sketchesofpayne

Listening to Hatsune Miku since 2007
Jan 21, 2021
www.youtube.com
I posted a trend popularity graph of the USA and correlated it with various events. I figured I'd do one specific to Japan. On Hatsune Miku's release there is a tremendous spike in activity. I used a graph time period that omitted it only to make spikes and changes more visible. I did paste the spike on to the beginning of the timeline.

In the USA graph Miku is consistently higher than Vocaloid. In Japan we see that they are more even. While the USA graph has Miku as a 'search term' and here it is a 'topic' when I change the USA graph to topic the line is almost exactly the same.

popularity graph (J).jpg

One thing I learned making this is how frequent concerts are. The USA only got four. That may be why that graph is so volatile and this one is more steady. It's interesting seeing the huge spike following Senbonzakura's publication.

Nezuh

Official Piko Husband
Apr 17, 2018
Argentina
www.youtube.com
What a nice and well put out graph you have here!
I always wanted to see a graphic like this, but never took the time to do it. Thank you :D

I find it very interesting how "Vocaloid" wins over "Hatsune Miku" during 2014 onwards though
It's an interesting contrast to the whole "Vocaloid is dead" feeling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)