• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Vocaloid deactivation / hard drive fail

Here

Here
Nov 11, 2019
Today I opened my laptop and and it wouldn’t let me in so I have to send it in repairs. I was wondering if i had to get a hard drive wipe, would I lose my vocaloids if I can’t get in to deactivate them. I saw a thread saying could still activate it without deactivation (possibly 5 times), so would this work on piapro studio and how? I remember when I first moved my vocaloids and tried activating them and piapro told me they weren’t deactivated (this was a few years ago but I think I remember correctly).
Thanks for any response.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
if you wipe your drive without deactivating them, you will lose that activation for them- you are right that there is only so many times you can activate them total. so if you have used up all those activations you will be stuck with emailing yamaha or other respective companies to reset them (they may or may not be good at replying). personally i havent had all vocaloids act the same in regards to how many times they can be activated (sometimes 2, 3 or 4), so its not always easy to trust that you will be able to activate them again.

Here

Here
Nov 11, 2019
if you wipe your drive without deactivating them, you will lose that activation for them- you are right that there is only so many times you can activate them total. so if you have used up all those activations you will be stuck with emailing yamaha or other respective companies to reset them (they may or may not be good at replying). personally i havent had all vocaloids act the same in regards to how many times they can be activated (sometimes 2, 3 or 4), so its not always easy to trust that you will be able to activate them again.
Thanks for the response! If this is the first time activating without deactivating, can I use the code the came in the box? For example the activation code that came in the box for Rin len v4x.

Reactions: morrysillusion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)