• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Vocaloid Editor for Cubase 4.5 missing

Dartelec

New Fan
Dec 30, 2018
I am trying to use Vocaloid Editor for Cubase 4.5, but I can not find it in Cubase! I had VEC4 for a long time and it worked perfectly.
Now I have Vocaloid5 and it works as VSTi, but there is no editor in Cubase (in menu MIDI->edit in vocaloid). Is there some special trick to install/activate 4.5?

What is the problem here?

I uninstalled Vocaloid editor 4 to see if that corrects the problem, but it did not help. And now I am not able to re-install it. So I have no usable Vocaloid editor at all in Cubase!!!

Please help!!

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I don't have Cubase, but you might have the same problem I had with Studio One, where the file is not correctly selected so the software can't properly locate Vocaloid Editor 5.

If you can do it in Cubase, you have to locate the .dll file for Vocaloid Editor 5 so it can be used. I'll paste instructions I wrote to someone else before:

The yellow VOCALOID5 "button" in Studio One isn't the real one. You have to get the .dll file and tell Studio One where it is.
Go to C: drive > Program Files > Common Files > VST2 > "VOCALOID5 VSTi.dll", that is the file that will actually make it work.

In Studio One, go to Options on the menu bar on top > Locations > VST Plug-Ins.
Under Locations should be something like "C:/Program Files\Vstplugins" as reference, I guess. You have to add the location of "VOCALOID5 VSTi.dll" to the list. Click "Add" and show it where it is (warning: when you go to the VST2 folder, just click "Select Folder", because it will appear to be empty but actually isn't. Click OK to close out options.

Start up a new file, and underneath the yellow VOCALOID5 instrument will now be a grey VOCALOID5 VSTi which works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)