• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Zteer's Pitch Editor Displays Mojibake?

Sep 21, 2019
Does anyone know how to stop Zteer's pitch editor plugin from displaying mojibake? My locale is properly set, of course, but this is the one plugin the refuses to display Japanese characters correctly.

What I find curious is that when running the plugin through UTAU being run through Wine on my other computer, it displays all the Japanese characters correctly. However, when it's run on my computer running Windows 10, the Japanese shows up as mojibake.

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
I'm curious about this too, ever since I started using pitch editor it has never displayed Hiragana but ?? It's always worked just fine so it never bothered me. Although I am curious... if you set your PC display language to Japanese if that will fix it? However my Japanese awful so navigating the Windows OS entirely in Japanese is not worth it for a single plugin to display properly :/

(sorry this was so unhelpful lol, but it's something to try?)

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
My PC is entirely in Japanese (for Voiceroid), and the pitch editor plugin displays just fine for me. So it is a possibility 0:

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
You need to change your PC's regional setting to Japan! That's what fixed it for me.
And it didn't change any of your system text? I feel like I've tried that before but I must be thinking of something else. I'll try again and see if that fixes things, without turning my entire Windows OS into Japanese lol

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
Oh hey that fixed it!! After I changed my system region it DID set my display text to Japanese, so then I just changed it back to English and restarted. Everything's working!!! tysm :ia_ani_lili:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)