• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

【SynthV Saki AI】炎翔フェアリーテイル【Original】

inactive

Passionate Fan
Jun 27, 2019

This is another triple collaboration that was started way back in August of 2020. (Progress was hindered by school.)

If I remember correctly, I wrote seven possible melodies for the A theme and had りくりくり and Evan vote on their top three. I then gave each of their choices points based upon ranking and used the theme with the most points. But I didn't really have to do the points thing because there was only one melody that they both chose.

The B theme was selected using the same process, but only five melodies were created, which resulted in two overlapping choices and one clear winner.

The C theme was written without input from either りくりくり or Evan.

The modulation between the A and B themes was there from the start, but I took it out when working on the arrangement because it sounded too disjointed. At the time, I was using a side stick snare the A theme, and a full-on thwack in the B theme. Evan suggested keeping the side stick across both the A and B sections in order to reduce the timbrel contrast, thereby allowing me to reinstate the modulation with less disjointedness. This is what you can hear above.

Evan added the bell tree at the beginning and made a few other arrangement suggestions here and there.

There is a harsh whine in some of the higher Saki AI notes that we couldn't get rid of. However, the highest note in the song does not exhibit this whine. Curiouser and curiouser...

Evan used the "Scheps" technique for the vocal processing (among other things).

As per usual, りくりくり wrote the lyrics and Evan did the sound design/mixing.

Reactions: Twillby

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)