• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

初音ミク Magical Mirai 2020

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
...CD-Japan took ages to get back to me, but I was able to cancel the order and get it from Amazon JP after all.
I just don't accept paying like 20€ more for absolutely no reason if I don't have to...don't understand why anybody would not get it from Amazon if it is just...cheaper there (and shipping more convinient and faster).
I know I am supporting a multi-billion industry as opposed to a smaller business but frankly, as a consumer I can just go where I get the better experience.

JGV

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Just got done watching the Blu-ray, twice and what a surprise!!! So many surprises I had trouble writing this review.

Where to start...

Stage setup: I love the stage setup, it look similar to the Miku Expo 2014 stage, but in a larger scale. In addition of added effects for curtain songs is nice touch really livens the atmosphere.

Setlist: The setlist felt much longer, and just as exciting, despite having fewer songs.

Here are my song highlights:

Opening with Taiyoukei Disco, I had this song in my head all week prior to watching the BD and such a great opener.
Hyper Reality Show: brings me back to Miku Expo 2020 Europe with its headbanging chorus and bridge.
YY: Utilizing the R3 module and adding AR elements to the production. The AR featured is much better compared to the livestream. With side, above and behind camera angles.
Albino: So excited to see this Mikupa classic as did the audience as the glowsticks were bit more lively.
Kimipedia: Introducing the R3 Kagamine twins and it's always fun having a Junky song.
Hand in Hand: Surprising is the crowd doing wipers wotagei during the instrumental break. The way Miku intend it to be, but doing furi makes more sense.
Pokapoka no Hoshi: The first time a theme song from another concert/event series is played at Magical Mirai and given the winter theme, it's expected a Snow Miku song would appear. Also incorporated little bits of white confetti flying mimicking snow. Now if they can use that effect with pink confetti for Senbonzakura.
Aisarenakute mo Kimi ga Iru: Ending with the years theme song for the 3rd consecutive year. I felt it was something was missing. Then I realize, the streamer confetti. For the first time, Mirai goes without the traditional confetti cannons.
Daily Song Changes:
E? Aa, Sou:
Another MikuPa song ,we need more older songs!
39 Music!/ Bless your Breath: Both odd additions, as much of the excitement comes from crowd singing and chanting along to the chorus. Always fun to have on the setlist.

MEIKO 15th Anniversary: MEIKO really gets to shine with 3 songs. Actually, MM20 showcased all songs performed by MEIKO since her stage debut in 2012. Just wish I had attended her anniversary.

Audience: The audience looks large, doesn't look like it's half capacity. It is weird not hearing the audience chanting or cheering, but given the circumstances everyone was quite disciplined in following guidelines.

Bonus footage: Returning is the Focus on Singers video for those wanting to do dance covers or just focus on their favorite character. In the Live & Making segment. My biggest surprise is their coverage of the motion capture production. Getting a behind-the-scenes look of what brings our favorite characters to life is rare to see. As well, the amount equipment that goes into it, which shows how expensive the production is.

Band: Always fun seeing the band having fun and joining Miku along the stage. Also, it's the first live concert without MEG.ME. Shoko Nagasaki and Nao Nishimura did a great playing keyboards. With the few keyboardist stepping in during livestreams, guest spots and other events. It seems Nao Nishimura will be the new long term keyboardist for the Miku Band.

Overall Magical Mirai 2020 Blu-Ray is a fantastic. The shorter setlist doesn't take away from the experience. With the addition of older songs and with new effects, made it all too exciting. Though I would love mention more, the review would of been far too long.

Lastly, I'm thankful for Crypton for doing their best in continuing Magical Mirai and making it fun experience. And hopefully all Miku fans will come together soon. ^-^

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
Just got done watching the Blu-ray, twice and what a surprise!!! So many surprises I had trouble writing this review.

Where to start...

Stage setup: I love the stage setup, it look similar to the Miku Expo 2014 stage, but in a larger scale. In addition of added effects for curtain songs is nice touch really livens the atmosphere.

Setlist: The setlist felt much longer, and just as exciting, despite having fewer songs.

Here are my song highlights:

Opening with Taiyoukei Disco, I had this song in my head all week prior to watching the BD and such a great opener.
Hyper Reality Show: brings me back to Miku Expo 2020 Europe with its headbanging chorus and bridge.
YY: Utilizing the R3 module and adding AR elements to the production. The AR featured is much better compared to the livestream. With side, above and behind camera angles.
Albino: So excited to see this Mikupa classic as did the audience as the glowsticks were bit more lively.
Kimipedia: Introducing the R3 Kagamine twins and it's always fun having a Junky song.
Hand in Hand: Surprising is the crowd doing wipers wotagei during the instrumental break. The way Miku intend it to be, but doing furi makes more sense.
Pokapoka no Hoshi: The first time a theme song from another concert/event series is played at Magical Mirai and given the winter theme, it's expected a Snow Miku song would appear. Also incorporated little bits of white confetti flying mimicking snow. Now if they can use that effect with pink confetti for Senbonzakura.
Aisarenakute mo Kimi ga Iru: Ending with the years theme song for the 3rd consecutive year. I felt it was something was missing. Then I realize, the streamer confetti. For the first time, Mirai goes without the traditional confetti cannons.
Daily Song Changes:
E? Aa, Sou:
Another MikuPa song ,we need more older songs!
39 Music!/ Bless your Breath: Both odd additions, as much of the excitement comes from crowd singing and chanting along to the chorus. Always fun to have on the setlist.

MEIKO 15th Anniversary: MEIKO really gets to shine with 3 songs. Actually, MM20 showcased all songs performed by MEIKO since her stage debut in 2012. Just wish I had attended her anniversary.

Audience: The audience looks large, doesn't look like it's half capacity. It is weird not hearing the audience chanting or cheering, but given the circumstances everyone was quite disciplined in following guidelines.

Bonus footage: Returning is the Focus on Singers video for those wanting to do dance covers or just focus on their favorite character. In the Live & Making segment. My biggest surprise is their coverage of the motion capture production. Getting a behind-the-scenes look of what brings our favorite characters to life is rare to see. As well, the amount equipment that goes into it, which shows how expensive the production is.

Band: Always fun seeing the band having fun and joining Miku along the stage. Also, it's the first live concert without MEG.ME. Shoko Nagasaki and Nao Nishimura did a great playing keyboards. With the few keyboardist stepping in during livestreams, guest spots and other events. It seems Nao Nishimura will be the new long term keyboardist for the Miku Band.

Overall Magical Mirai 2020 Blu-Ray is a fantastic. The shorter setlist doesn't take away from the experience. With the addition of older songs and with new effects, made it all too exciting. Though I would love mention more, the review would of been far too long.

Lastly, I'm thankful for Crypton for doing their best in continuing Magical Mirai and making it fun experience. And hopefully all Miku fans will come together soon. ^-^
I'm glad you really enjoyed it! :miku_sakura_lili:
that was I meant when I said both Osaka and Tokyo events were full of surprises and they were all worth the wait :miku_sakura_lili::miku_lili:
and like I said every year, really every Magical Mirai is different and so unique:miku_rylitah::miku_rylitah:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)