• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

君が飛び降りるのなら/If you're gonna jump cover feat. Megurine Luka

CdrSonan

Passionate Fan
Sep 12, 2019
Hello!
I made this cover for the most recent tuning contest hosted by Kazumi!
It's the first time I've used EVEC, and tuned a song fully in Japanese. It was a ton of fun, Luka is my favorite Vocaloid and her voice is great, and tuning in Japanese is easier than in English, though very different as well.
Since I've posted this cover to SoundCloud several weeks ago, I've received a lot of feedback on it and my tuning in general, and while I now think this cover is still decent, it really made me doubt its quality for a long time. (That's why I didn't release the video for so long, though it was nearly finished)
Anyway, I've made up my mind now and think it's actually decent, though not the top level of how I would tune it if I was starting now.
I hope you enjoy it!

CdrSonan

Passionate Fan
Sep 12, 2019
I‘m not entirely sure what you mean, but I made the PV all by myself in Blender. This means that I had to juggle time put into the music, time put into the video and render time, and I generally focus more on the music than the PV. I‘ve tried animating a video from front to back once, and it turned out well, but compared to the amount of time it took, it still wasn‘t really worth it for me. So I plan to mostly stick with the style of this video, or something similar with good graphics quality, but no complete character animation

Last edited:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I really like the cover, but what's up with the pv?
Perhaps you could be a touch more… I dunno, sensitive? Appropriate? Forgive me, I’m not sure what word I’m looking for here. They made the video themselves and it took them time and effort. Keep that in mind.

I honestly like this a lot! The song’s in a good range for her, and the tuning style fits really well. Excellent job!

ETA, forgive me, I got distracted while posting: I love the video too! It’s shiny and pleasing to look at, and honestly, for the song, Luka’s lack of animation just… it works. I’m all here for it!

Last edited:
Reactions: CdrSonan and ___

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
I‘m not entirely sure what you mean, but I made the PV all by myself in Blender. This means that I had to juggle time put into the music, time put into the video and render time, and I generally focus more on the music than the PV. I‘ve tried animating a video from front to back once, and it turned out well, but compared to the amount of time it took, it still wasn‘t really worth it for me. So I plan to mostly stick with the style of this video, or something similar with good graphics quality, but no complete character animation
When I look at my post now it does sound a bit rude. I will try to explain what seems strange to me. (First I want to say that I was not talking about the fact that it's not animated bc I know that it's hard to do) Firs of all, the song has a lot of emotion and the vocals are really...vibrant? Idk how to explain it but I hope you got me. But, Luka does not looks like the song feels. Maybe you wanted her to have this emotionless expression to contrast with the song to make the song sound even more expression-full to the viewer. But the open mouth just seems strange and out of place. So maybe if Luka moved her mouth and blink would of made that contrast stick out a little better. The other thing is the pose. I get that she is stiff on purpose, but her pose is a little too straight, like a soldier. If Luka had hands near her chest (like she is holding on to something) or if she reached out to the front with her hand (like she is reaching to someone). And the last thing that did not appeal to me was the colours. Luka's hair is too much of a contrast to the dark blue & brown stage. Idk if it is possible to change a colour of the stage (probably not) but a white, vibrant blue or a background with the same pattern as the original pv of the song would have a nicer contrast. And last is the lyrics. I don't think that the lyrics look bad in the pv, they actually look fine. But having lyrics be in different parts of the screen (kind of like the lyrics are in Love by Love for Love of Love or Android Girl) would make the pv look more appealing and more interesting to watch.
This is just my opinion

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
When I look at my post now it does sound a bit rude. I will try to explain what seems strange to me. (First I want to say that I was not talking about the fact that it's not animated bc I know that it's hard to do) Firs of all, the song has a lot of emotion and the vocals are really...vibrant? Idk how to explain it but I hope you got me. But, Luka does not looks like the song feels. Maybe you wanted her to have this emotionless expression to contrast with the song to make the song sound even more expression-full to the viewer. But the open mouth just seems strange and out of place. So maybe if Luka moved her mouth and blink would of made that contrast stick out a little better. The other thing is the pose. I get that she is stiff on purpose, but her pose is a little too straight, like a soldier. If Luka had hands near her chest (like she is holding on to something) or if she reached out to the front with her hand (like she is reaching to someone). And the last thing that did not appeal to me was the colours. Luka's hair is too much of a contrast to the dark blue & brown stage. Idk if it is possible to change a colour of the stage (probably not) but a white, vibrant blue or a background with the same pattern as the original pv of the song would have a nicer contrast. And last is the lyrics. I don't think that the lyrics look bad in the pv, they actually look fine. But having lyrics be in different parts of the screen (kind of like the lyrics are in Love by Love for Love of Love or Android Girl) would make the pv look more appealing and more interesting to watch.
This is just my opinion
Also I am not trying to be rude here. Sorry if it sounds like it

CdrSonan

Passionate Fan
Sep 12, 2019
No, you aren’t sounding rude!
I also received other comments about this, especially that the open mouth isn’t good, so I’m avoiding this in the videos after this one.
For everything else, you are probably giving the scene more thought than I have, and in hindsight I really should‘ve watched out more for this more general „scene composition“.
Having the text in different places is also a good idea, thanks for the feedback!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)