• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

2023 Vocal Synth Predictions

AmazingStrange39

Miku-Avanna-Gumi enthusiast
May 23, 2019
If Crypton goes back to Vocaloid, they have no choice but to make Miku AI, which it seems like they don't really want to do. Besides, keeping her from AI auto-processing keeps her versatile, and Miku was never meant to be a realistic singer anyway. Seeing news about Cherry Pie might be nice though. I do hope it doesn't pitch the audio up an octave by default like it did in the demo, or at least that there's a choice in the matter... (Miku cross-lang would save the time to make another English and Chinese bank though)

Cherry Pie would probably be more possible than Miku AI, since it's been noted that Saki Fujita apparently can't sing very well in Miku's voice and Cherry Pie is probably a similar situation to Diff-SVC.

I think Vocaloid's made some irreversible changes from V6- heck, from V5 onward. If Miku moved back to Vocaloid she would never be the same.

My fear is mostly that Miku AI would be confined to certain genres and lose some of her versatility and her signature sound, and that, as Crypton feared, she'd sound less like Miku and more like Saki with a filter. Oh, and also that Miku AI would be really slurry and have "lazy" pronunciation, and that her English and Chinese would have a more generic accent as opposed to the unique pronunciations her Vocaloid versions had. I just...the thing that drew me to Miku in the first place was probably her uniqueness, so...

If Miku DID get an AI voicebank, I'd want her to be on CeVIO or something similar, due to the emphasis on characters and characteristic vocals. That may only happen in my wildest dreams though. I don't know if Crypton and Techno-Speech have any relationship whatsoever. It'd be pretty cool if CFM developed their own AI engine

I also hope Crypton doesn't pull Miku's past Vocaloid versions from the market as alternatives. Especially the utility belt that is the V4X bundle with Piapro and Studio One. And that they clean up her NT some more and polish her sound up.

Also, PLEASE, Crypton, PLEASE fix Luka and Meiko's beta NTs...They sound so WEIRD

Oh, here's a prediction: People try to file lawsuits on Diff-SVC due to copying the voices of copyrighted characters and even celebrities. The fandom gets MAD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)