• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Any tips for Pitch Bend sensitivity?

vocaloidcreatornoob

Passionate Fan
May 13, 2020
I want to use it on Rin English V4x for Weekender Girl. But sometimes it makes her voice sound bad. Is Rin one of those sensitive Vocaloids when it comes to Pitch Bend Sensitivity?

Sep 21, 2019
As far as I know, Rin’s English isn’t particularly sensitive (but I’ve never used her so don’t quote me on this, LOL).

For pitchbend sensitivity I recommend setting it around 4 which seems to be the magic amount for being able to draw nice, clean pitchbends!

When you say it makes her voice sound bad, what does it make it sound like? If I know what it sounds like I might be able to help more.
(Maybe you could upload a clip of her singing to SoundCloud so we could hear it?)

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
If you’ve never used it before, I would start off by setting PBS to 2. This way when you’re trying to mqke pitchbends, you can adjust easier to using the parameter because there’s less that can be done so less issues. Eith it at 2, pitches on the parameter are two nites above and beliw, so half way drawn would be one note, and all the way to the bottom or top would be two notes. That’s what I did to learn.

I don’t know what you mean by makes her sound bad, but I assume you mean like pitch jump/breaking? Pitchbends usually have to be intricately drawn or they can make the voice distort a bit. Sometimes it’s just a matter of learning curveand practice that’ll fix it

alternatively, you can do note bending, which is creating pitchbends by drawing notes. Basically, break up the note you wanna pitchbends into multiple notes in the places you want them and just extend the word over those notes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)