• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.
  • We're slowly working on adding more prefixes to the CeVIO and SynthV sections at the moment. If a name isn't available in the list, please feel free to post it anyway. An admin will add the prefix on once added.

Tonio Big Void feat. Tonio "Maybe You Are Not Sick"

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
I like the guitar! And his Japanese/tuning's pretty good, comparatively, imo

The lyrics are super simple but I'm still kind of scratching my head at what exactly they're trying to get at... I have a hunch but I don't quite like it so I'm not fully willing to just stick with that heh

Last edited:
Reactions: cafenurse

razelberii

Bless the Lord, O my Soul
Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
The song is really short, so it's easy to try to translate

ぎゅっと君を抱きしめたい
I want to hold you close
きっと君は病気じゃない
Surely you're not sick

もっと強く抱きしめたい
I want to hold you again in a strong embrace
きっと君は一人じゃない
Surely you're not alone

(Personally and from knowledge, I feel "surely" fits きっと more than "maybe", their meanings are similar but きっと has more of a "definitely" meaning than a "maybe" (which is more neutral))

That's my rough translation. Take it as you will, it's vague so the meaning may be difficult to grasp or maybe a difficult pill to swallow
For me, I wonder if the singer simply hopes to be with someone who's feeling ill. I know if I'm sick, I'm told not to touch anything or anyone.
That alone can make one feel lonely. The last line is reminder from the singer that whether you're ill or not, you're certainly not alone

Buuuuuuut, that might be a stretch. Those are my thoughts, there could be more to it I don't realize

That aside, it's definitely neat to hear Tonio in Japanese, especially with a song that's pretty chill like this!

Reactions: cafenurse

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)