• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

BiliBili joins the VRM Consortium

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
It's all about standardisation right? Maybe they'll release VRM models for people to use of the VSinger characters, or create them so that they can appear easily in games/VR applications and so on. It might work for concerts too, is this the same thing as what Mirai Komachi's company were working on?

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
It's all about standardisation right? Maybe they'll release VRM models for people to use of the VSinger characters, or create them so that they can appear easily in games/VR applications and so on. It might work for concerts too, is this the same thing as what Mirai Komachi's company were working on?
Yes. Unity is being used alot for animation lately and it's lightweight enough to be used in real time which is definitely something many companies are demanding.

Realtime mocap is something VSinger has used before. Remember Tianyi & Yanhe's birthday event a few months back? You can see it being used at 1:30 in this news video about the event.

Last edited:
Reactions: xuu

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Yes. Unity is being used alot for animation lately and it's lightweight enough to be used in real time which is definitely something many companies are demanding.

Realtime mocap is something VSinger has used before. Remember Tianyi & Yanhe's birthday event a few months back? You can see it being used at 1:30 in this news video about the event.
Yeah, I remember this! I think it's very exciting and will certainly enhance the concert experience. Whether they decide to use voice actors or create TTS voices for the VSinger characters, I think that combining it with MoCap will allow for a much more immersive concert where they can interact with the audience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)