• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

CAL Vocal Synth Edition S1

sapplerx

+-=÷x
Dec 26, 2020
United States
Welcome to Create-A-Label, one of the most well known games on pretty much almost every single music forum ever! I found this game through a forum that I'm in. Basically, if you don't know what it is, it is an online music simulation game where you manage your own label and sign real life artists. However, since this is a vocal synth forum, you'll instead sign vocal synths, even those that are non-Vocaloids.

Since this is the very first season, I'll be in charge of pretty much almost anything, like charts. It's a complicated game to host, but I'm trying my best. Here's some gimmicks about this game:

This thread - Well, obviously this game will take place in this thread. You will put all articles, releases, statements, tweets, everything that will be in this game.
Charts - All charts will be posted in this thread. They work like the Billboard and Oricon charts IRL.
Promo and Business - Any paid and free promos will be put into place. It's similar to how vocal synths companies collaborate with brands.

How do you sign up?
Post your label's name and sign one or two vocal synths. While vocal synths based on a celebrity are acceptable, actual real life celebrities do not count. Your label will be randomly placed in one of the 3 groups (which are actually real groups in real life mind you). As you sign up you will immediately get $3,900,000. I'm not scamming you with that amount of money and it's not going to your house or anything, but you'll use it in the game. You'll know what to do with this money in a second. I'll also send you a private message that will be for business purposes. Also you can't choose a vocal synth that is already chosen by another user.

I want to play! My label is Negi Records and I'm signing Hatsune Miku and GUMI because they're my favorite Vocal synths!

What now?
  1. Well, you'll play 2 roles with your artists, or vocal synths. Yes, 2. You're in control of your label, obviously, as you will control their career and finances. You'll also be their management team as well as you put your artist to work by releasing stuff, promoting...you get the idea.​
  2. Speaking of promotion, you can promote in many different forms like radio and TV interviews, billboards and even playlist spots. Currently you can only promote in North America, Asia and Europe, although more will be added if demand comes.​
  3. NONE OF THIS IS CANON. This is a fangame.​
  4. You can release anything (singles, albums, EPs, music videos) for free! But if you want to make them successful you'll need to spend some money. Like in real life, your vocal synths' success depends on promotion.​
  5. While any show that isn't on the schedule is free, any paid promo will get a bigger boost on the charts.​
  6. You can't do songs that exist in real life, but you can do covers of them. You can write your own songs (no skill needed!), or do a cover of an existing song. Again, you can't do songs that exist in real life (no Melt! you can do a cover if you want). You don't need to own the vocal synth that you have at the moment, so if you don't have that vocal synth, you can imagine them singing. You can make your own instrumentals. You're not allowed to use instrumentals from anyone else unless you get permission to use it.​
  7. Basically, if you don't know what it is, in a nutshell, it's about posting articles about your vocal synth to help them gain more attention, release music, do promo etc.​
Charts
  1. As I mentioned before, they work like the Oricon and Billboard charts IRL, and also the real life music charts that weren't mentioned before. The equivalent of that for this one is called Vocaboard.​
  2. Kworb, is well, equivalent to the website of the same name. But if you don't know what it is, it's basically a music data analyzer website. This is what I mean when I say Kworb charts.
  3. Synthify is the equivalent to Spotify. Obviously.​
  4. VocaVoca is the equivalent to YouTube and NicoNico, although it also could be the equivalent to Bilibili. You can release music videos in there. There's also 2 types of comments similar to Bilibili. The first is normal comments that you see in the comment section of almost every single YouTube and Bilibili video ever, while bullet comments scroll from right to left, like NicoNico and Bilibili. There's also special comments that scroll from left to right, ones fixated to the center, ones that are in colors, you get the point. Also you can do livestreams and post non-music videos.​

Touring
I think it's too early to start that, but in the case someone wants to start a tour, we'll discuss about it later.

Rules and whatnot
  1. Please follow the forum rules.​
  2. Drama is tolerated only in-game and preferably with the consent of anyone involved in the situation.​
  3. Don't troll or spam.​

Other tips
  1. You are allowed to change a signed vocal synth's career until further notice. After that you can't change anything.​
  2. You are not allowed to copy real articles for promo, you have to write them yourself. Also each article must be about 300-500 words.​
  3. You can write any article on text (preferably a text editor like Google Docs, but you can write it here if that's your thing) or an image.​
  4. A Google Sheet will be created to keep control of any money you have, but I prefer it if you can use a spreadsheet editor like the aforementioned Google Sheets if you want to manage your finances.​
  5. You don't need to do this, but if you want, you can create a Twitter account for your vocal synth to interact with players. Try and include VocaCAL in the name followed by the vocal synth name and include in their bio that it's a parody account. (This is the same thing with social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram.) But if not, you can search up "fake tweet generator" and use that to make fake tweets, or any fake social media generators.​
  6. There will be a ratings and reviews system similar to Metacritic but only if we get demand.​
Good luck!!! :meiko_lili: If you have any questions let me know​

Last edited:

sapplerx

+-=÷x
Dec 26, 2020
United States
Required article elements:
The region the article is aiming for (example: Asia)
Title of the article
At least 1 image
The article should be 300-500 words.
If an article is posted as an image, link it to whatever text editor you have at the moment, as long as it isn't something like Notepad. If it is posted on Notepad, you can import your article to something like Google Docs.

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
I'll try it out. Never played a forum game like this before, but there's a first time for everything.

My label is METRIC RECORDS! My signed vocals are MEIKA Mikoto and SOLARIA.

Reactions: sapplerx

sapplerx

+-=÷x
Dec 26, 2020
United States
Well...this game is cancelled. Here are some of the factors that lead to this cancellation:
  1. Real life reasons: We all can't be on the internet for so long, so this could lead to the cancellation of this game. I too am a human IRL, so I can't do things at once.
  2. Complications: This game is pretty complicated to host, sure you'll get used to it overtime, but the gameplay could be hard for some people.
  3. The amount of people: Since only 2 people joined, reason number 2 helps with the fact that only 2 people joined in the first one and while I tried to extend the time no one joined. It could be that the game is hard.
I tried my best to host this game, sorry if you wanted to play it. I will probably host another game here in the future so keep an eye out for that!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)