• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Can you wash the Hatsune Miku jumbo plush

Rolo

Watch Levius and Stan Natalia Cromwell
Sep 16, 2019
Hi sorry if there’s a thread better suited for this but I wasn’t sure where to ask. Recently I got one of the jumbo Miku plushes the Sega prize ones and I was wondering what would be the best way to clean it. I looked up articles for washing plush toys and they said in the washer on cold with the gentlest cycle but I’m not sure if that’s the case for this toy or if putting her in the dryer would be damaging and I do not want to ruin her. So if anyone who owns one of these dolls could please tell me how you clean it I would be grateful.

Reactions: WyndReed

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
Yes they are washable. Here is a very good thread about nesoberi cleaning. I have several nesoberis and have successfully washed them in a pillowcase or garment/delicate bag and dryed them part of the way in the dryer and let them air dry the rest of the way.

Reactions: Rolo

Rolo

Sep 16, 2019
Yes they are washable. Here is a very good thread about nesoberi cleaning. I have several nesoberis and have successfully washed them in a pillowcase or garment/delicate bag and dryed them part of the way in the dryer and let them air dry the rest of the way.
You are a life saver!! Thank you so much I really appreciate it.

Reactions: WyndReed

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
You can wash a plushie in a washing machine (delicate wash, preferably cold water), though hand washing is always the safest option if you're anxious (plus if you wash by hand you don't need to soak the plushie completely, so it dries faster). I wouldn't tumble dry plushies personally, some say it's fine and some have stories of damages caused by tumble dryer.

My plushies are mostly display items so they don't get dirty, just dusty, so a lint roller or gentle vacuuming is enough for me, I've never had to wash them.

Reactions: Rolo

Rolo

Sep 16, 2019
You can wash a plushie in a washing machine (delicate wash, preferably cold water), though hand washing is always the safest option if you're anxious (plus if you wash by hand you don't need to soak the plushie completely, so it dries faster). I wouldn't tumble dry plushies personally, some say it's fine and some have stories of damages caused by tumble dryer.

My plushies are mostly display items so they don't get dirty, just dusty, so a lint roller or gentle vacuuming is enough for me, I've never had to wash them.
Thank you as well! I really appreciate you replying. I will probably just do a light wipe down then and let her air dry afterwards.

Reactions: hamano

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)