• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

chaosmaid, SWEET ANN V2, CHIFUYU AI LITE (first attempt cover)

nene

OSTER project fan!!!
Oct 13, 2023
This is my first attempt at tuning/mixing!!! 🌸🎀💖

I know it's bad 💔 so i'm trying to learn how mix/tune/post produce/ect!!! 💃

Any criticism/tips are wholely welcomed, I tried to make them sound sort of like the original choppy/highpitched voice but Ann had vocal spikes i had to cut out & I couldn't break chifuyu's vocal tone/pitched her up and down oddly as a result.

(The music video is my second attempt at one ever... i'm kind of proud in comparison!!)

Ryleigh Goldner

Yes, everyone seems to be asleep.

Any criticism/tips are wholely welcomed, I tried to make them sound sort of like the original choppy/highpitched voice but Ann had vocal spikes i had to cut out & I couldn't break chifuyu's vocal tone/pitched her up and down oddly as a result.

(The music video is my second attempt at one ever... i'm kind of proud in comparison!!)

Yeah, it's...rough
The vocal stems themselves are pretty nice though

I don't think this is helpful but my basic vocal chain usually looks like this:

-Surgical EQ
-SSL-style EQ
-Compressor (1176-style)
-Compressor (serial) (I'd recommend you use serial compression first, though)
-Gain control

And then add anything you want (delay, reverb, pitch correction, etc.) to the chain

I didn't put most of my settings here because they likely won't work with every song (I mix VOCALEAMO and VOCALOUD songs)
If you want me to put them here, please let me know

But generally, for vocals, I use a 4:1 ratio with a fast attack (ten microseconds - one millisecond) and a slow release (two to five seconds) for the compressor
But before that, I put an EQ with a low shelf at around 80hz and 300hz

These channels are pretty legit (I've seen their videos before)

DISCLAIMER:
I have no affiliations with the channels listed, and they have not contacted me for an endorsement.

Attack and release time measurements by Mastering the Mix:

Last edited:

VyNancyV6

a normal pigeon
Jun 12, 2020
Earth

OMG V2 CONTENT

Reactions: Ryleigh Goldner

nene

OSTER project fan!!!
Oct 13, 2023
Yeah, it's...rough
The vocal stems themselves are pretty nice though

I don't think this is helpful but my basic vocal chain usually looks like this:

-Surgical EQ
-SSL-style EQ
-Compressor (1176-style)
-Compressor (serial) (I'd recommend you use serial compression first, though)
-Gain control

And then add anything you want (delay, reverb, pitch correction, etc.) to the chain

I didn't put most of my settings here because they likely won't work with every song (I mix VOCALEAMO and VOCALOUD songs)
If you want me to put them here, please let me know

But generally, for vocals, I use a 4:1 ratio with a fast attack (ten microseconds - one millisecond) and a slow release (two to five seconds) for the compressor
But before that, I put an EQ with a low shelf at around 80hz and 300hz

These channels are pretty legit (I've seen their videos before)

DISCLAIMER:
I have no affiliations with the channels listed, and they have not contacted me for an endorsement.

Attack and release time measurements by Mastering the Mix:
This is really helpful! Thank you so much! 👁🙌 I'll try to test it out/look into it!! Vocaloud & screamo type style tips are also welcome, i've tried covers like that before- but figured it wasn't possible without a powervocal (flower, iroha ect.)

Ryleigh Goldner

Yes, everyone seems to be asleep.
This is really helpful! Thank you so much! 👁🙌 I'll try to test it out/look into it!! Vocaloud & screamo type style tips are also welcome, i've tried covers like that before- but figured it wasn't possible without a powervocal (flower, iroha ect.)
I'm glad you found it helpful!

To be honest, I don't really know how to mix screams, though. I'm virtually listening to Okame-P's music (post-hardcore) and he uses Miku Append Dark with a low gender factor. It results in really soft vocals complemented with harsh instrumentals (it's a good combo, I think). He's stopped using Miku pretty recently (back in 2020). And he doesn't use screams in his music very much.

(I also occasionally listen to Utsu-P and Yuyoyuppe. Right now I'm also trying to get into Nine Inch Nails.)

Addendum:
I forgot to mention Dan Worrall here, lol. He's one of the best audio engineers who make videos. His channel's here:

He also provides narrations for FabFilter's YouTube videos, if you want to check those out

DISCLAIMER:
Like before, none of the people I mentioned here have contacted me for an endorsement.

AmazingStrange39

Miku-Avanna-Gumi enthusiast
May 23, 2019
I love V2 so much!! It's my favorite sound profile though it is, very dated. I wish there was more modern V2 engine content ! 💖🙌
I'm kind of a V3/V4 fangirl myself haha (became a fan in 2015 if it explains anything)

My current Vocaloid roster in order of release is AVANNA, Gumi English, Miku V3 English, and the Miku V4X Bundle.

nene

OSTER project fan!!!
Oct 13, 2023
I'm kind of a V3/V4 fangirl myself haha (became a fan in 2015 if it explains anything)

My current Vocaloid roster in order of release is AVANNA, Gumi English, Miku V3 English, and the Miku V4X Bundle.
V3/4 have SUCH good picks (objectively better than v2/1 so I think that's totally fair!!)
(Also saw you like AVANNA!! She has such gorgeous vocals, I wish she was used more nowadays!)

junky

New Fan
Apr 30, 2022
Really cute and I like it :) Personally I don't even consider it "rough", I like cute tuning and it doesn't sound robotic or anything! A bit muffled but I don't mind at all and kind of imagine it kind of like her singing a room away

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)