• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Computer was set to factory default with Vocaloids were still activated.

Kaleidiope

An Oliver, Fukase and Kazehiki addict
Mar 31, 2020
My attic
I'm hoping this is the right place to post this question, and that this question wasn't answered somewhere else and i'm just being silly for asking.
I have seen a few posts, but I just want to confirm things.

I have V5 standard with Fukase bundle. Along with Oliver, Avanna, Dex and Diana. I had to reset my PC to factory default because of issues I won't get into. I went into safe mode to get my project files and such saved, but failed to remember to deactivate my Vocaloids. I still have their codes, and the zip files for their downloads. The only one in questions is Diana's zip file, it saved a little oddly.

My question is, I know I've heard you have three activations before you can't activate them or use the codes anymore if you didn't deactivate and, more or less, get the activation back? But, I've heard it won't let you if they're registered somewhere else? Should I just try to contact the companies first, or try to reload them and go from there?
I failed to activate Fukase at first when I got him, he worked at first due to being in a trial type state? So if I do activate them, will they only work long enough to make me think they're working? If I should contact the companies, how do you contact Yamaha? Is it only through the inquiry page?

I'm sorry if any of this seems silly or so, but thank-you all for your time in advance, as well! And I hope everyone's having a good day!

I've looked through these links, too. Everything points to just contacting them, but I worry about bothering them, because, well, I feel it's because i'm quite silly!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
As far as I know, in this situation (i.e., having a hard drive crash or basically otherwise losing your PC without deactivating), contacting the companies that made your Vocaloids is basically what you need to do.

I don't know the contact method for Yamaha specifically offhand (would probably be under "technical support," "contact us," or something similar on their website), but this post might have some links that would help.

Don't worry about contacting the companies for this. I'm sure that it's probably one of the more common questions they get; having a hard drive crash or other unplanned PC change is very common when using computers in general.

Reactions: Kaleidiope

Kaleidiope

Mar 31, 2020
My attic
Okay! Thank-you very much, I'll be checking out those links and seeing how to get in contact a bit more later today. I've been pretty lost and at odds with myself at what to do, so truly, thank-you!

Reactions: mobius017

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
i just recently went through loads of stuff after my pc died before i could deactivate them. CONTACT THEM.... no reason to be afraid to do so, they have a support page for a reason!

1) contact Yamaha about serial codes for your engines. they will reset those. you will most likely need to have them reset the engines (v4 or v5) because i think those only have one (at least it seemed so when i tried)
2) you should try activating loids you have as i actually had a lot more i could activate again than i realized. BUT if they dont work, contact the companies and ask that they reset your activations and ask them to reach out to Yamaha for you. They cant directly do anything and its in Yamaha's control, but when i told Yamaha that, they were a bit stubborn. When the companys contacted Yamaha though, the codes were reset with no issue.

good luck! i have 15 vocaloids so i had a lot to go through but it really wasnt bad at all. everyone helped me in the end!

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
@Kaleidiope: One thing to note here: if you are able to successfully reactivate your synths at this point (without having contacted the company for a reset), you will be using up one of your grace activations that are intended to save you if your HD crashes or something. So it might be possible, but give it some thought before you do that, since once they're gone, you'll be in that much more difficult of a position someday.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
to expand on that as well- i ended up contacting them before i knew whether or not i ran out of activations bc i was too lazy to check all 15 of them, so i ended up having multiple of my loids reset. i highly recommend contacting them above all because its honestly more convenient to reset them for the future!

i also was going to add something about activation but, OP youre only using V5 right? so im not sure if this is something to consider. Yamaha had informed be im regards to activation to activate them not on you HDD but... im not sure if activating V3-4 loids looks the same when done through vocaloid 5? because i know when i installed V5, it gave me no choice on how/where to activate... but theres a chance i missed something since i pretty much only have V4 and used only the V4 activator. but when installed V1/2/3/4 i was presented with a screen like this--
vocaloid act4.PNG

if this is in fact comes up for you, it means that you can tell vocaloid to activate not on your system disk. this is important because it saves you from this problem more times than not. (your option is to pick something other than "system installed HDD", one of the internet cards, which for you is likely to not be the same as my screen shot). basically your loids arent activated on your HDD so if it crashes and you use the same exact PC to insert a new working HDD, your vocaloids will not have to be activated again. in the case of your PC dying and needing to be replaced, you can take out your internet card and use it in a new PC without having to deactivate.

Kaleidiope

Mar 31, 2020
My attic
Thank-you both so much for all of this! I really appreciate the help!
I do only use V5 and I had all my voice banks and editor on my hard drive, so that's really helpful, especially since it does seem i'll be contacting the companies and resetting them, so thank-you dearly!!

I'll be trying to contact the companies later today, i'm still unsure how to go about it with Yamaha, but Zero-g and even PowerFX seem like contacting will be a bit easier, and thank-you all again, it means a lot to me!

Kaleidiope

Mar 31, 2020
My attic
I just wanted to make an update post, just in case it might help?

I sent in an inquiry to Yamaha, it told me a confirmation e-mail would be sent. But it didn't. Luckily, I did, indeed get my E-mail right. Unlike how my brain thought once I didn't get anything XD

They told me if this was the first time, just to try again because I most likely still have my reserved count, and if I get a message saying, "maximum number of activations has been reached" To respond to the E-mail with my codes.
But everything went smoothly and my Vocaloids are back up and running again! (At least, as of now.)

I want to thank everyone who helped me and encouraged me to reach out to Yamaha!
My Vocaloids mean (Possibly too much?) to me and the help really meant a lot!

And, I want to apologize for my spelling errors, because I've noticed I wrote, "With" instead of "While" in the title. But, feels too late to change that since I believe everything's fixed now? XD

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
you know they told me a confirmation email would be sent too and they never sent one either lol, so am not sure whats up with that! i am glad things ahve worked out for you! i was so anxious about all of mine when my PC died and im glad that Yamaha has actually been helpful bc i was scared i lost them all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)