• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Consensus on explicit songs

Your thoughts on lyrically/subjective explicit songs?

• Like them

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Do NOT like them

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Like some songs, but not all of them

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Dislike most, but not all of them

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Generally indifferent to the matter

Votes: 22 41.5%

• Total voters

Kurenai_Akari

Doujin lyricist/Producer & MEIKO fanatic
Apr 8, 2018
Somewhere in Cali
piapro.jp
The responses in here are incredibly informative & I (still) do agree with a good slice of them.

The context of a song, to me, does matter a part. Usually if the song is on a subject that affects me or I care about, I tend to listen to it with a more open mind.

The issues with underage voice providers/Vocaloids performing sexually explicit songs (i.e. that one Oliver song about, uh. . . "loving" another boy, was VERY uncomfortable the first time I heard it) is jarring & very awkward. I don't care too much for those songs (I'm looking at you "Holy Lance Explosion Boy"!)

WintermintP

Lead Guitar, One Minute Winter
Hrmm... Looks like I'm a little more uptight than most people as to what's acceptable and what isn't...

So yea, if the lyricist's feelings are legitimate and it's about a frustration regarding the state of the world and what have you and/or the lyricist was actually trying to make a legitimate point, then the profanity and NSFW can kind of slide. Otherwise, it's a big no-no. It doesn't matter which Vocaloid sang on it, if it's smut for the hell of it, then I'm not okay with it.

WintermintP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)