• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Correct way to put in AA/AAA batteries

Did you know the "correct" way to put in AA/AAA batteries?

• Yes

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Had a surprising experience recently. I helped someone I know replace the batteries in something, and they told me that they always had difficulty knowing how to put them in correctly.

Probably not uncommonly, I guess, I've installed my share of AA/AAA batteries over the years, and I can see where they were coming from--there isn't always a label, and it was a little confusing my first few times. So I decided there must be a pattern, some other way to tell which way the ends should point. After a little thought, I realized that the flat bottom end is almost always against the spring.

I've been using that trick so long, I thought it was common knowledge, but maybe that isn't the case after all.

So, that leads to my question below.

(Oh, and as a PSA, I'll say it again for anyone it might help: the flat bottom of the battery almost always goes against the spring. There might be the really odd exception (Trust the label if there is one.), but that's the way batteries go 99% of the time.)

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Personally, I’ve actually always used that trick you mentioned to remember how to put in batteries. Being visually impaired, it wasn’t exactly possible for me to read the labels and for a long time growing up, I always had my parents help me put in batteries until I discovered that trick. Hasn’t let me down since.

Another way I usd to do it vefore I figured out that trick was coloration. Some brands of batteries have different colors on each side. An example of this is the brand Energizer (one that I am used to) is black only where the little tip (whatever that part of the battery is called) is, and so I’d take out the old battery and put the new one in matching the colors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)