• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Suggestion Event Calendar

I actually have my own calendar for VOCALOID events but I forget to look at it.
How about adding a calendar that all members could edit just like the one from VO? (though VO didn't work for me, so I didn't use it)

Things that everyone could add:
- VVN events / contests
- character birthdays
- album release dates (for any album that contains at least one VOCALOID track)
- figure & other merchandise release dates
- VOCALOID video game & DLC release dates
- dates of VOCALOID concerts and related events like VOCALOID-themed conventions (if it's mainly not about VOCALOID, please specify the VOCALOID program)
- new voicebank release dates (for any voice synthesizer, including your UTAUs)

Of course, producers will be allowed to add their own albums and events where they play a VOCALOID song or hold a panel about VOCALOID.

Things that should not be added:
- things that have nothing to do with voice synthesizers
- personal holidays that only involve you, e. g. "the day I discovered VOCALOID"
- promised song release dates (because a public calendar should not be full of your songs)
- anime conventions and other events where there is no special program for VOCALOID fans besides merchandise
- promised release dates of unofficial (bootleg) merchandise

EDIT: Fixed text size.

Last edited:

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I think a calendar of important dates seems like a good idea. (Especially voicebank release dates, character anniversaries, important events like Miku Expo, and video games.)

I dunno if it's possible to be implemented, though, so maybe there could be a forum post that keeps everyone updated with all known events for each month (so a new post each month). Someone would have to be in control of it, though.

Reactions: Sharkartist
I think a calendar of important dates seems like a good idea. (Especially voicebank release dates, character anniversaries, important events like Miku Expo, and video games.)

I dunno if it's possible to be implemented, though, so maybe there could be a forum post that keeps everyone updated with all known events for each month (so a new post each month). Someone would have to be in control of it, though.
That would be to uncomfortable for one single user to manage because everyone cares about different releases and events. It would also require to be online all the time and add everything that comes up.

Sharkartist

Passionate Fan
Apr 16, 2018
Eastern USA
This sounds like a really nice idea! Anniversaries seem pretty easy to implement, just set them automatically through some coding and bam, auotomatic loid anniversaries. I think that implementing VocaDB could also help the calendar's album realease settings.

Thanks for the suggestion. We've discussed this and it seems like it should be doable. We'll let everyone know more once we have more concrete plans.
If you need a list of ALL VOCALOID character's birthdays, just let me know. I have one, including the original releases of private Azuki & Matcha, VOICEROID Kizuna Akari and original Macne Nana.
That will save you a lot of time. I got the data from VocaDB.

Reactions: Paradoxical

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)