• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

(Fanfic) Skytree

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hi everyone!

I had another version of the idea behind this quick story about a year ago, but for some reason I got a feeling during this past week that I should tweak it a little and actually write it. So here it is! I'd love to hear what anyone thinks, positive or negative, if they choose to read it.

Here's my first vocal synth-based fanfic, "Skytree:"

View media item 1154

Last edited:

Nokone Miku

Aspiring Lyricist/Producer
Jul 14, 2021
www.youtube.com
I read your story and I like it. A nice little personal encounter. You do have a copious amount lot of Purple Prose going on. Don't worry, every writer is guilty of it at one point or another. I started writing out notes and examples and got really carried away. I ended up spending all morning writing a revised draft. If you want you can take a look at it: -Skytree- (revised)

If you like, you can ask me more specific questions about anything.

I mean no disrespect in any criticism. Consider any criticism you find useful. Please discard anything you disagree with or find unhelpful. I like what you made, otherwise I wouldn't have spent so much time going over it.

Don't ever feel discouraged by what I or others might say. Good, bad, or mediocre, anything we do creatively can be improved upon. (Personally I find it is better that people say negative things about my work than for no one to say anything at all.)

There have been a couple times in the past that someone got really upset over even the most minor alterations I did to their work to illustrate my point. I always find it easier to show what I mean than trying to describe it. I hope you aren't bothered by my revision. If you object to it at all I will take it down with no hard feelings on my part.

Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Thanks so much! I think this is a lesson in the revision process--I didn't wait very long between writing this and editing it. It goes along with other advice I read somewhere: "You write with your heart, but revise with your head." If I revised this today, it wouldn't come out exactly the way yours did (which I don't mean as an insult; our voices and styles will naturally differ), but (from the more detached viewpoint of a year's removal) I can easily sense the frequent awkward parts that I think you were pointing out.

Outside of all that, I'm really glad you liked it! Thank you so much for spending as much time as you did to give me your feedback!

Reactions: Nokone Miku

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)