• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

ftalo's Vocaloid, Utau & SynthV Covers

ftalo.

Aspiring Fan
Jun 29, 2019
Philippines
oh i completely agree about the whole dex > daina thing. i kinda bought daina on a whim when she came out bcos i heard some (good-ish, lol) covers of her, mostly just excited another engloid came out. not my best money splurge :)

dex has been close to #1 on my list for which vocaloid to buy next. the only thing that's stopping me is the fact that i've slowly moved on from vocaloid to UTAU. (the only reason i still come back to vocaloid is when i wanna tune some english. i have 4 vocaloids, all engloids haha. and UTAU english is 🤢)

just checked out GiantOrigami's dex covers and holy sh*t :( what??!@!?@ i can't believe i haven't seen any of these. that's some godly tuning. too bad they only have 3 of them :/// goshhh this makes me want to use vocaloid again so bad
Yes Daina was kinda a waste of money lmaooo and if I could rate Dex I would rate him like 9/10 because he's very easy to tune, very fluid with the phoneme changes and "obeys" what you write in or do in the piano roll, so you should definitely go for Dex if you have the money but please do not compulsively buy just because I told you to try, it is my opinion and maybe you don't agree with me 🥺🥺🥺
Edit: I say 9/10 because in his high notes he's only in his mixed voice (soft high voice, not falsetto) and not belting voice (loud voice that just legit sends goosebumps in ballad songs) and is apparent in my cover of Error with him

I've always wanted to try to tune an utau but bro I C A N ' T MAKE THEM MAKE A SOUND, I don't hear any sound at all, I've followed tutorials on YouTube and for some reason idk it just doesn't let me. Upon further inspection, it seems that oto files are required for the voicebanks to work BUT everyone I download a voicebank there is literally nothing, as in 0 kB data in the oto file :))))

Yes GiantOrigami's tunings are godly like Jesus Christ h o w but yeah I'm sad too that they only have 3 covers :((

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Your Sachiko cover is LOVELY, she sounds so gorgeous and in her element in that song. I always love hearing her voice in songs more fit for her, she has such an impressive voicebank. :kanon_lili:

ftalo.

Aspiring Fan
Jun 29, 2019
Philippines
Your Sachiko cover is LOVELY, she sounds so gorgeous and in her element in that song. I always love hearing her voice in songs more fit for her, she has such an impressive voicebank. :kanon_lili:
Thank you very much :DD yeah she has an impressive voicebank i love it

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
My god how did you manage to master Amy. She is such a troublesome voice to make not sound,, weird. This is splendid!! :D

• Love
Reactions: ftalo.

ftalo.

Aspiring Fan
Jun 29, 2019
Philippines
My god how did you manage to master Amy. She is such a troublesome voice to make not sound,, weird. This is splendid!! :D
Thank you!! Yeah for the most part she was quite stubborn and would sing phonemes that aren't supposed to sound like that, and she was kinda thicc too so I had to do multiple iterations of EQ before I got her to sound good. One of my favourite malfunctions is that when you put in the phonemes [{ e] together is that she breaks up the phonemes (like there's a glottal stop between them), so if I put them in a short note, it sounds like she kinda rasps her voice which is cool!

• Wow
Reactions: Leon

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
This is really well-done! Sachiko is a unique voice that can be difficult to manipulate well, and you hit the nail on the head! Lovely cover :)

• Love
Reactions: ftalo.

ftalo.

Aspiring Fan
Jun 29, 2019
Philippines
This is really well-done! Sachiko is a unique voice that can be difficult to manipulate well, and you hit the nail on the head! Lovely cover :)
Thank you very much!! It was kinda hard tuning this but sachiko responded so well with my style of tuning!

Reactions: Leon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)