• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

How can I control the "Nasality" of a vocaloid? [Vocaloid2]

VyNancyV6

a normal pigeon
Jun 12, 2020
Earth
How can I Reduce or Raice the nasality of a vocaloid?

I heard cover where the vocaloid sound more nasal, or a nasal voice like gachapoid sound less nasal
How can I do that? (In vocaloid2)

Ex: More Nasal

Ex: Little bit less nasal

Cerāgi <º•

Passionate Fan
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
Mhh, from what I know editing CLE in Singer Editor (which is a separate app that comes with V2) can help you control that: higher CLE values produce a thinner, nasal sound, while smaller values can help you tone it down for a certain voice;
just be careful when messing around with it, as inputting high values can easily make the voice sound harsh and metallic(while decreasing it *too much* can make the voice sound muddy). Hope this will be helpful to you!

Stigbn

Aspiring Fan
Jul 21, 2018
Denmark
It's probably not helpful, if you dont use a DAW, but I would recommend exporting the vocal as a wav-file, importing it into a DAW (Studio One, Cubase, Reaper etc), and then use an equaliser to cut certain frequencies. It seems to help to cut 200

Sorry I accidentally posted an unfinished reply, I meant to say that you could cut around 500-2000 hz or try to experiment, until the voice sound less nasal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)