• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Is COCOROBO really going to be released?

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I was looking into COCOROBO on Vocaloid Wiki (...again *sigh*), she is listed as upcoming with no release date. It has a description about her and I tried looking at Sharp's YouTube, but it seems info stopped coming relating to her in 2016. The Wikipedia page is dead, too. Like, I imagined that if you bought the vacuum maybe it would include a Vocaloid installation disk or something when/if it finally comes out.

I watched this promo video (the only one Sharp has on their channel, basically) that explains about her:

0:12 Hello! I'm "COCOROBO" ♪
0:15 I live in Sharp's home appliance robot.
0:19 Ehem!
0:21 This time... VOCALOID
0:26 Sharp's talking home appliance sings Vocaloid songs!
0:30 A Vocaloid library "COCROBO" is currently under joint development with Yamaha-san!
0:38 "COCOROBO" has been added to Yamaha's Vocaloid library and I can sing from inside the home appliance Vocaloid songs by Vocaloid producers or you guys*♪
* It really says "everyone", but it sounds weird in English, so I picked "you guys"
0:42 Producers / you guys
0:51 Vocaloid library "COCOROBO" is developed with the voice of Kido Ibuki-san!
Left: Character voice: Kido Ibuki-san
Right: Character design: 霜月絹鯊 Kinusa Shimotsuki ( 霜月絹鯊 (@kinusa) | Twitter Their avatar is of COCOROBO)
0:59 Furthermore,
1:01
Technology developed by Sharp
COCORO MUSIC A.I. Engine makes the Vocaloid home appliance fun!
1:07
Technology developed by Sharp
COCORO MUSIC A.I. Engine is...
Choose/play music that matches the user's feelings/conditions
Learn preferences, evolves to the user's preferences the more you use!

Left: Feelings/conditions
Blue: When want to refresh
Green: When want to relax
Orange: Want to receive genki/peppy-ness
Text under pink guy: User

Middle: Information gathering
Eye: Camera
Ear: Mic (too hard to read)
Nose: Smell sensor
Temperature: (too tiny to read) sensor
Remote: (too tiny to read)
Face profile: (too small, something about voice contents)

Right: Learn preferences/song selection
Song selection results/learn user assessment
Green:
Sharp official Vocaloid songs
User submitted Vocaloid songs
Vocaloid music
Blue:
(too hard to read)
Ballad
Rock
(too hard to read)
Anime songs etc...
(too hard to read)/JPOP

Bottom right: Cloud
Bottom: COCOROBO and Vocaloid link tags and COCORO MUSIC A.I. ENGINE has been developed!

1:13 Sing and matching master's feelings while cleaning!
1:20 Furthermore, learns master's preferences and evolves!
1:28 I wonder if it's okay to say something like that~
1:31 I'll try my best!
1:33 I will introduce Sharp's official Vocaloid songs!
1:40 - 2:44 = Songs
2:44 It is planned to have songs you guys made that flow from the home appliance as
"User submission functions" or "a music distribution/BGM service"
2:57 I will be happy if together with people who like music,
the "singing home appliance of the world" born in Japan can be made ♪
(Yamaha Vocaloid Group)
VOCALOID

It appears that their Roomba-thingies either are plain (even other models of COCOROBO) or have an anime character on top (they had a couple Sengoku Basara ones and a Black Butler one with the corresponding voice actors of the character, for example). (Welp, this makes me want to buy a vacuum lol)

Maybe their plans for some kind of cloud service with Vocaloid songs (COCOROBO exclusively, I assume, since she lives in the vacuum, right?) might have been too hard to pull off? I don't really know if their current models can do all this stuff or not. But what I really want to know is if us normies can get her voicebank or not. Wouldn't you assume it's "ready" if they have demo songs?

DorellyMimi

Aspiring Fan
Mar 7, 2018
Italy
COCOROBO kinda was more of a way to promote their vacuum serie, and she was the mascot so they thought it'd be good to have her sing while creaning, I guess?
The only thing I remember is her vacuum got released sometime ago now, and considering she got no new song in the past year and more, I guess she's probably a private vocaloid like Akikoroid and only said producers had access to her voicebank in order to make the songs. I'm just not too sure anymore at this point x.x after Azuki and Matcha's release and Rion being updated I kinda believe everything is possible and miracles can happen. Rion V4 was seriously unexpected after all.

If COCOROBO's vacuum had a CD with the voicebank, I admit I would probably buy it just to make songs with her. Let's be honest, everyone would've want a moe singing vacuum that plays your own songs while cleaning your room!

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
You're probably right about everything you said in the 1st paragraph.

I looked up reviews of the COCOROBO vacuum line and it actually got horrible reviews. : / Like dying quickly, zero customer support, not driving in the right direction, easily getting hair caught in it and shutting down... Maybe it would be better to trap her in a box off the floor so she can run around and talk but not deteriorate from actual vacuum labor. XD;

DorellyMimi

Aspiring Fan
Mar 7, 2018
Italy
She's too precious to spend time working, come on!
She would just sing for me like a good moe baby.
No hair will harm her! //Runs

Bunai

New Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Jupiter
o-bunai-o.tumblr.com
We list her as unreleased due to the company not providing any more information and no actual product listing. In my personal opinion, if she isn't "released" as in publicly accessible voicebank then she will become similar to Ring Suzune, existing but not really.

sleepysheep7

GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!!!
Apr 8, 2018
I always just assumed she fell into the same category as Anri Rune. A private Vocaloid for a company to promote with. ( I will always be salty about Anri not be released because I really liked her song Hallelujah super idol)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)