• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Is it possible to import an UTAU vb into the VOCALOID5 editor, and is it legal?

HatchetP

Aku P stan
Feb 27, 2021
U.K
Pretty new to VOCALOID, and there's this one UTAU vb who I adore and really wanna use in my songs.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
no, it is mostly not possible. attempting it (or the opposite, vocaloid to utau) is against their terms of service and illegal. there is no reason to when utau is free.

if you have issues installing utau, there are many tutorials on how to do so. if the problem is files in vocaloid wanting to be used in utau (like you only have a VPR or VSQx so you cant load it) you can convert those to work with utau. this website can convert vpr files to ust (utau format).

Last edited:

___

Oct 8, 2019
It technically is possible but itd be illegal and sound like garbage.

Last edited:

HatchetP

Aku P stan
Feb 27, 2021
U.K
Oh okay :C I'm a Mac user and UTAU Synth wasn't quite good enough for me because I couldn't change the resampler to make the voicebank actually sound good, I suppose I'll just use the VOCALOIDS I have then!

___

Oct 8, 2019
Oh okay :C I'm a Mac user and UTAU Synth wasn't quite good enough for me because I couldn't change the resampler to make the voicebank actually sound good, I suppose I'll just use the VOCALOIDS I have then!
Theres ways to make windows utau work on Mac but Im not Mac user so you prolly have to ask around.

placebo1effect

New Fan
Nov 30, 2020
Ye utsu is pretty neat. However, idk how it compares to Mac utau but I honestly thought utsu didn’t sound really good. However this may change as it grows

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)