• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Issues with pitch flow

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
I've been trying to do a cover with Nana Petit, and I've just had so much trouble with a couple of syllables in the song. No matter how I pitch bend it or how I let the dynamics flow, she over accents the front of the note. I was hoping equalizing these syllables afterward would fix the problem, but the gross pitch drop/glide at the start of the note is still there. If anyone could give me advice on that, that would be great.

Reactions: Elsa12TMNT

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
I've been trying to do a cover with Nana Petit, and I've just had so much trouble with a couple of syllables in the song. No matter how I pitch bend it or how I let the dynamics flow, she over accents the front of the note. I was hoping equalizing these syllables afterward would fix the problem, but the gross pitch drop/glide at the start of the note is still there. If anyone could give me advice on that, that would be great.
I don't own Nana, but have you tried using Velocity or Clearness?
Or make the first note short from using 1/32 then using either [-] or the vowel that it has? :ia_lili:

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
I don't own Nana, but have you tried using Velocity or Clearness?
Or make the first note short from using 1/32 then using either [-] or the vowel that it has? :ia_lili:
I might try those, thanks a lot!
Can you provide a screenshot of the trouble spot so we can see exactly what pitches and durations are involved?
Dynamics Problem.PNG
Here's dynamics and pitch bend since those are the only two parameters I use with any abundance. The [ma] in the center comes in unrealistically low and loud and I can't fix it.

Attachments

Last edited:

summers50

01010011 00110101 00110000
Apr 9, 2018
MA, USA
whats that snippet sound like though? Its easier to give a suggestion if we had an idea of that.

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
whats that snippet sound like though? Its easier to give a suggestion if we had an idea of that.
The [ma] in the section above sounds disgusting low and loud coming in. The best way to show you guys would be just letting you listen, so here it is:
Awesome Sauce'em's profile on Clyp
(Please note I haven't done much in the area as far as tuning outside the editor due to the fact that I heard that and immediately realized I needed to go back)

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Don't know, but for me the wa, wo, and ma sounds so odd to me. Probably just me...:nemu_lili:
If ma sounds loud to you try making it [m a] [-] with [m a] being on 1/36 or 1/64. Maybe with Opening lowered a tad on [m a]?
Don't know if this will work for you since I am a noob and don't really use JPN voicebank from Kaito much to learn some tricks...Heck, I don't even own Nana at all. :kaito_lili:

Reactions: VocaMew

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
Don't know, but for me the wa, wo, and ma sounds so odd to me. Probably just me...:nemu_lili:
If ma sounds loud to you try making it [m a] [-] with [m a] being on 1/36 or 1/64. Maybe with Opening lowered a tad on [m a]?
Don't know if this will work for you since I am a noob and don't really use JPN voicebank from Kaito much to learn some tricks...Heck, I don't even own Nana at all. :kaito_lili:
Thank you, I really appreciate it!
What Greenfantasy said shoud help this Nana is kinda temperamental to use I haven't vocaloided in a hot minute but I'll try to get a solution for you
Thanks a lot, I appreciate the help!

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

summers50

01010011 00110101 00110000
Apr 9, 2018
MA, USA
The [ma] in the section above sounds disgusting low and loud coming in. The best way to show you guys would be just letting you listen, so here it is:
Awesome Sauce'em's profile on Clyp
(Please note I haven't done much in the area as far as tuning outside the editor due to the fact that I heard that and immediately realized I needed to go back)
20180501_000223.jpg
this sounds fixable with DYN. You need to make a valley where phenome 'm' attacks. It may not line up with the note exactly.

first make the valley wide and bring all the way to 0 for DYN for the bottom of it, so that you dont hear 'm' anymore.

keep moving the left wall to the right until you hear 'm' start to play. once it starts, go back a little so its right before that spot.

do the same for the right.

move the points that are the bottom upwards until you get it where you want. im guessing left side will be like 10 and right side will be lik 15. im not at a pc so experiment.
20180501_000845.jpg

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
View attachment 520
this sounds fixable with DYN. You need to make a valley where phenome 'm' attacks. It may not line up with the note exactly.

first make the valley wide and bring all the way to 0 for DYN for the bottom of it, so that you dont hear 'm' anymore.

keep moving the left wall to the right until you hear 'm' start to play. once it starts, go back a little so its right before that spot.

do the same for the right.

move the points that are the bottom upwards until you get it where you want. im guessing left side will be like 10 and right side will be lik 15. im not at a pc so experiment.
View attachment 521
I appreciate this so much I will totally try this out in the morning. Thank you so much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)