• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Kuzutokaze has retired

Apr 11, 2020
I saw this profile post by patuk claiming that Kuzutokaze has retired. I checked their website to see and it was indeed true. As of October 29th, their homepage has a disclaimer saying that the distribution has ended, their UTAUloids (Kazehiki, Gekiyaku, Papedeku, Nedjem, Rou Kuzuda, Yone Kuzuda) are no longer downloadable on Bowlroll, and Kurukurusuuzi's Twitter page has been protected.

Whether something happened or they have simply moved on to other interests, Kuzutokaze has left the scene, and Kaze and Geki are gone too.

F

___

Oct 8, 2019
However you still have chance to get some of their vbs from the official source. While they wiped their Bowlroll they appear to have forgotten about their google drive uploads ( so far ), it's on my profile post but if it's okay I will link to their official google drive uploads here too, grab them while you can:

edit: also some omake sounds: 葛と風邪おまけ【詰め合わせ】Ver4 - BowlRoll

Sep 21, 2019
I was speaking with someone else about this, and they were saying they read somewhere that this is only temporary change. So maybe something happened? It’d be a shame to permanently retire such excellent voicebanks.
(Also, don’t get me wrong, I absolutely respect Kurutokaze’s decision, but if they really are done with UTAU, I don’t understand why retire the voicebanks and take them down completely. There are plenty of excellent UTAU who haven’t been updated in years or that the voice providers are done with that are still available for dl…)
If Kurutokaze hadn’t made their account protected, I’d be tempted to ask what’s going on so we know for certain.
Also I’m really disappointed I never got around to downloading all of their voicebanks. I only have a few of Geki’s and Rou’s…

___

Oct 8, 2019
I too have heard it's only temporary, while I have mixed opinions on the voicebanks themselves I too would be sad to see them go just cuz they breathed fresh air into the community.

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
I'm glad I grabbed at least one vb of Gekiyaku and Kazehiki before they were taken down fbzshdfal

It really is a shame that they've been taken down
They really do sound nice, especially Geki's English bank

Reactions: TheStarPalace

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Sorry to necro a thread like this, but the website is now back, albeit redesigned a bit.
The download links don't appear to be back, and the English voicebanks are not there.

Reactions: ___

___

Oct 8, 2019
Sorry to necro a thread like this, but the website is now back, albeit redesigned a bit.
The download links don't appear to be back, and the English voicebanks are not there.
If you search them on bowlroll you can find each of the char's download and if you still have the pass that their vp temporarily shared near the end and beginning of the year you can still get them, I tested it just rn and I am still able to dl them.

They brought back Kazehiki's english vb so if you have the pass you can still get him but that isn't the case for Geki :/

Reactions: TheStarPalace

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)